3 HO trains automatically run on 1 track w/an NCE DCC Mini-Panel controlling everything. This layout uses Kato HO track and Kato #6 turnouts. The logic is to hold 2 trains stopped on the sidings, while the 3rd train is running on the mainline. When the train on the mainline passes over the “GO” reed switch, a train is started out of the siding. The train on the mainline then pulls into the just-vacated siding and stops.
When the train that left the siding reaches “GO” reed switch on the mainline, the 3rd train is started out of the other “leg” of the siding. This process keeps repeating as all 3 trains “take their turns” running and parking on the siding. Magnets on the bottom of the first car of the train, activate reed switches located underneath the track, which activates an input of the Mini-Panel.
ABOUT THE MINI-PANEL: The NCE “Mini-Panel” is a $49 off-the-shelf, approximately 3-1/2 inch-square component that plugs into the “control bus” (cab bus) of an NCE DCC system. It can be considered a simple “Programmable Controller for DCC Trains”.
Although this demonstration has been done in HO gauge, the same “Mini-Panel” and its “programming” could readily be used for S gauge, largescale, or any other DCC trains that adhere to the NMRA standards for DCC.
A. ====== OTHER PARTS OF THIS VIDEO #814:
* This Part 1/3 you are watching now:
: . . http://vimeo.com/179618760
( or forwarding link to the Youtube version: http://814.AutoControls.org
* Part 2/3: It reviews the LOGIC and Mini-Panel COMMANDS used for this system:
: . . http://vimeo.com/182040362
* Part 3/3: It demonstrates an “enhancement” -- which is adding a SPST switch, so that we can change the delay between trains “on-the-fly”, and also uses just a single “STOP” reed switch #16.
: . . http://vimeo.com/184148824
B. ~~~~~~ CONTENTS, THIS PART #1/3: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
+Pt. 1 Overview (Fast Forwarded, no narration): 00:35 min
+Pt. 2 Intro: 8:08 min
- Sequence Diagram: 11:31
+Pt. 3 Components: 12:27 min
- Accessory Decoders for Turnouts: 14:09
- Turnouts & Reed Switches: 15:07
- Logic of this System: 16:55
- Magnets on Cars: 18:27
+Pt. 4 DEMOS, 3 Trains: 19:15 min
- Three “Modes” of Operation: 19:19
- Demo Mode 3A, “Normal” 3-Train Operation: 21:37
- Demo Mode 3B, Run Two Trains as Much as Possible: 29:26
- Demo Mode 3C, Hold Two Trains on Sidings as Much as Possible: 39:32
- Stopping System in Middle of Cycle: 52:00
+Pt. 5 DEMO, Test Reed Switch: 56:06 min
+Pt. 6 DEMO Mode 2A, 2 Trains, Automatic Block: 58:57 min
+Pt. 7 DEMOS, 2 Trains, Automatic Passing Siding: 1:05:13 min
- Demo Mode 2B, Automatic Passing Siding, 1 Lap Each Train: 1:05:17
- Demo Mode 2C, Automatic Passing Siding, 2 Laps Each Train: 1:10:31
+Pt. 8 DEMO Mode 1, 1 Train, Timed Station Stop Every 2 Laps: 1:18:51 min
END: 1:23:16 min
C. ~~~~~~ RELATED LINKS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
* Use this link to open a directory containing PDF files of the logic diagram, wiring diagram, and list of commands: http://track2.com/ingram/pl...
* Follow-on Video #815 shows controlling 2 trains with no turnouts and only ONE reed switch:
. . * Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/187501147
. . * Youtube: http://youtu.be/BsHgihvmJEA or forwarding link http://815.AutoControls.org
* AutoControls.org "Video Index Page”: http://AutoControls.org
D. ~~~~~~ BACKGROUND MUSIC: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Taken from the Youtube Audio Library:
* ‘Behold The Sun’ by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
* ‘Keep Dreaming’ by Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
* ‘Floaters’ by Jimmy Fontanez/Media Right Productions
This iMovie video was assembled 8/2016 by http://JamesRobertIngram.com (aka AutoControls.org, aka Track2.com).
This description was updated 10/18/2016.