Watch Melissa from Baking with Melissa in the kitchen making her famous Mississippi Mud Cake on the Home and Family Show on the Hallmark Channel! Show air date: 9/18/17. Recipe below!
Baking with Melissa hosts in-home baking parties, cooking parties, and cupcake decorating parties for kids and teens in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. You can find Baking with Melissa on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and her website: www.bakingwithmelissa.com
RECIPE FOR MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE:
For the Cake: 1 cup of melted butter 2 cups sugar 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 4 large eggs (lightly beaten) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/8 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted 1 (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
Ingredients for Chocolate Frosting 1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar, sifted 1/2 c. milk 1/4 c. butter, softened 1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
1) Pre-heat oven to 350° degrees
2) Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
3) Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
4) Spread batter (it will be thick) into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan (or use a deep dish cookie sheet).
5) Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Note: Reduce the temperature by 25 degrees if you are using a dark pan.
6) Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows.
7) Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes.
8) Make Chocolate Frosting: Beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth.
9) Drizzle Chocolate Frosting over warm cake.
10) Let the cake cool completely before cutting into squares!
Find the recipe for: Everything but the Kitchen Sink Brownies mentioned on the show on the Baking with Melissa website!