The authors of Modern Web Development with IBM WebSphere: Developing, Deploying, and Managing Mobile and Multi-Platform Apps discuss why they wrote book, what you will learn, and who the intended audience is for the book: http://www.ibmpressbooks.co...
Build Tomorrow's Best Mobile/Web Applications with IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 and IBM Worklight
This guide presents a coherent strategy for building modern mobile/web applications that are fast, responsive, interactive, reusable, maintainable, extensible, and a pleasure to use. Four IBM experts offer practical, hands-on coverage of front-end development with IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5, IBM Worklight, and today's most popular open source frameworks.
• Developing for MobileFirst: moving from "graceful degradation" to "progressive enhancement"
• Quickly delivering lightweight JEE apps with WebSphere Application Server's new Liberty Profile
• Implementing an agile, user-centered, page-oriented approach to design
• Constructing REST services with WebSphere Liberty, Eclipse, and JEE annotations
• Designing and building complex, transactional RESTful services that interface with databases and other data sources
• Building IBM Worklight hybrid apps with open source frameworks: jQuery Mobile, Backbone, Require.js, and Handlebars
• Debugging cross-platform, multi-language modern web apps
• Promoting scalability, security, and connectivity into the wider enterprise