Learn more @ http://growthpress.net
Converting an HTML template into a Wordpress theme is actually not that difficult. Its a lot of knowing where to copy and paste. But note that this is a simple overview of the process from HTML to WP.
In this tutorial I give you step by step instructions on converting one of my favorite HTML templates into a Wordpress theme. Here are the steps below:
- Select the HTML template you want to convert
- Obtain a barebones Wordpress template
- Install a fresh WP site locally or on a server
- Select the barebones theme
- Copy the HTML portions to the appropriate places in the Wordpress theme
- Enqueue CSS & JS files
- Make sure it works!
Obviously I left out some things but this is a simple overview of the process.
Some links you will need:https://github.com/nathanst...http://wordpress.org/
You can also refer to my previous video on how to get started on local Wordpress environment: https://www.youtube.com/wat...