I, like some of you, use to dread using tappits, they would get stuck, distorted, ripped, and more... But I liked how good they could be if able to do them right.
As they say, practice makes perfect, so I kept trying until I found a way that it's pretty much fail-proof... Here is the viedo and below are the images if you want to print it or save it...
I hope this helps...
Points to keep in mind:
1) Keep your surface heavily powdered.
2) Roll your gumpaste/fondant very thin
3) Keep out on open air for 2-5 minutes, let it dry a bit
4) Dust your tappits before each use
5) Move you paste at times to make sure it's not sticking