Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/topfa...
Don't have anything to wear? Me neither!
But in this video, I show you how to turn an old shirt into a fresh new tank.
Thanks for watching! Let me know how you turn old clothes into something new in the comments below! Don't forget to subscribe and give this video a thumbs up!
Here are the step by step directions:
1) So I took a loose fitting shirt and cut off the sleeves.
2) Then I cut out the neckline.
Don't cut too much in the beginning, you can always go back and cut more off.
3) Decide how far up you want your fringes on the shirt to go.
4) I put a piece of tape about 2-3 inches above the hem of the shirt.
5) Next I cut up to the tape and made the fringes about half an inch in width.
If you want to make the fringes skinnier or wider, it's up to you.
Don't worry about the fringes being perfect, that's the beauty of deconstructing clothes, imperfections look like they were done on purpose!
6) When your done with the fringes, cut off the bottom seam from each fringe. You can cut it off one by one, or take two fringes and cut off the seam at the same time.
7) Take off the tape.
8) Next, to make a racerback tank, Cut off the hem from one of your sleeves. You should have one long piece of fabric. You will use this To wrap the back of your tank.
9) Gather the back of the shirt.
10) Take the fabric you cut from the sleeve and wrap it around the back of the tank. Then tuck the ends into the wrap. Make sure you don't have any loose ends showing.
And there you have it!
Racerback tank with fringe.
Wear this over your bikini top or a bandeu for those super hot days and make sure you wear sunscreen!
How do you cut up your old shirts?