How To: Here's what you'll need to install:
1. PreBuiltGmsCore (Google Play Services 4.0)
2. Velvet (Google Search)
3. GoogleHome (Google Launcher)
Update: Force closes fixed! *****MUST BE ROOTED TO DO THIS METHOD*****
The amazing people over at XDA-Developers seem to have found a way to permanently fix the force close issue on the Google Launcher. The good news, it does work (we've tested it). The bad news is you have to have root in order to apply the fix. So if you don't have root you're stuck with the fix above until a fix comes along for you folks. If you have root, follow the instructions below!
1. Head to this link on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers...
2. Download the libgoogle_recognizer_ini_I.zip
3. Once downloaded, extract the file. DO NOT FLASH. NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP.
4. Move the file to /system/lib ....It will tell you there is already one there and do wish to overwrote it... Click "YES".
5. Voice Search will Force Close one more time. When it's done, it should work flawlessly. Reboot to be sure though.
****FIX FOR NON-ROOTED USERS****
Long press the home screen, select Settings. Select Voice. Select Language to change the default. Change to another language, I choose English -- UK. Hit Home. Do a Google Search. Repeat the first three steps. Change back to English -- US.
Derek Ross contributed to this post.
Sources: Joseph HIndy/Android Authority - http://www.androidauthority...
Chris Chavez/Phandroid: http://phandroid.com/2013/1...