Declaration of the extraordinary congress of the allukrainian civic organisation "Ukrainian Officers Union"
Having analyzed social-political situation in Ukraine the extraordinary congress of the "Ukrainian Officers Union" states the following: in the period between the 30th of November till the 13th of December 2013 in Kyiv the ukrainian government of Ukraine has used the power of rude physical force violating the constitutional rights of citizens of Ukraine on peaceful gatherings, meetings, demonstrations . Thus, the so-called law enforcement offended against the Article 28 of the Constitution of Ukraine according to which " no one shall be subjected to torture, cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment" , p. 29 according to which " everyone has the right to liberty and security of person ..."
These actions are a continuation of the following actions:
- unlawful decisions of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine on changing the constitutional order of Ukraine - the transition from a parliamentary-presidential form of government to a presidential-parliamentary form;
- the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (Parliament) passed an unconstitutional election law;
- signing of the Kharkiv agreements with Russia prolonging the presence of the Black Sea Fleet in Ukraine;
- the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine passed an unconstitutional law about languages;
- permanent unconstitutional decision the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- denial of the famine-genocide of the Ukrainian people 1932-1933 by Viktor Yanukovych and the party in power;
- massive, systematic, flagrant violations of constitutional rights by the authorities with contradictory to the Article 19 of the Constitution of Ukraine;
- unexpected for citizens of Ukraine and the international community decision to suspend the process of Association with the European Union;
- criminal omission in contradiction to Article 102 of hte Constitution of Ukraine under which the President of Ukraine is to guarantee the observance of the rights and freedoms of man and citizen.
The above specified behavior of public authorities has led to the illegal imprisonment of people for their political beliefs and participation in peaceful protests that took place on 30.11.13 - 13.12.13. Brutal actions of the government forced the citizens of Ukraine, regardless of their political preferences, to go to mass protests.
Delegates of the congress:
-express distrust to the President of Ukraine, in his position as the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, who by his actions and inaction has lost his legitimacy.
- support the proposal of the opposition of the resignation of the Government of Ukraine and demand:
- to prosecute all officials who gave and executed criminal orders regarding inhuman bloody beating people and violating Article 60 of the Constitution of Ukraine, according to which:
"Nobody is obliged to perform manifestly criminal orders or commands. For the issuance and execution of a manifestly criminal ruling or order legal liability arises";
- the immediate release of all political prisoners;
- dissolution of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine by abolishing the Law of Ukraine "On The Constitutional Court of Ukraine" and the adoption of the new law;
- dissolution of illegally created special units of Ministry of internal affairs of Ukraine who have lost function of law enforcement and turned into a punitive institution, termination of conscription for military service in the Internal Troops of Ukraine and ban their use for suppression of peaceful protests;
- prohibition of accommodation in military units, buildings, Officers clubs etc. supporters of political parties, both of government and opposition, and providing them with military equipment.
Members of the allukrainian public organization "Ukrainian Officers Union", like all military, uniformed officers, judges, prosecutors swore to Ukrainian people, not to political parties (which make up only about 2.5 % of the population of Ukraine), or to officials who by fraud and vote-buying usurped power and therefore the military, uniformed officers, and public officers are obliged to protect the constitutional rights of citizens of Ukraine.
CHAIRMAN OF THE UKRAINIAN OFFICERS UNION
MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT OF UKRAINE
of the II Convocation
Captain of the 1 rank
/ Signature / E.LUPAKOV