Savoy's Jewellers flagship store at 290 Queen st. was opened as a small watchmaking and jewellery store on November 14th 1952 by John Ant...
Savoy's Jewellers flagship store at 290 Queen st. was opened as a small watchmaking and jewellery store on November 14th 1952 by John Anthoine and Edmond Rosset from the Savoy region of France. John was a watchmaker who also became a diamond expert from GIA. After the expansion of the first location, Edmond's sons Richard and Rodger Rosset helped to create and operate the Station mall(1981) and Cambrian mall (1984) locations. Richard and Rodger each apprenticed to be jewellers and received Graduate Gemmologist degrees from GIA. Nicholas(the 3rd generation), son of Richard, received his diploma in the jewellery and metals program at Georgian college and the Graduate Gemmolgist degree from GIA. Today, Savoy's team maintains the values and traditions that made us the trusted experts, as well as push forward with styles and technology to keep up with today's modern pace.