The Postville Herald has a long tradition in the community. It was first published in 1892. The paper was owned for many years by Fred Ma...
The Postville Herald has a long tradition in the community. It was first published in 1892. The paper was owned for many years by Fred Martin and Ciff DeGarmo. The papers motto “A Live Newspaper in a Live Community Since 1892” has been a part of paper’s history for many years. James Seeley who owned the paper for many years and was in partnership with Fred Martin until Martin’s death, sold the paper to Patrick Huber in 1985. The paper combined with The Postville Leader in 1991 and was renamed the Herald-Leader when purchased by News Publishing, Inc. of Black Earth, Wisc. Jason Meyer bought the paper in November of 2009 and restored the Postville Herald name. As of January 1, 2015 the Herald was purchased by Mid America Publishing. The Herald covers Postville City government and the news of Postville Community Schools, also covers news of Castalia and Frankville, as well as news of Allamakee, Clayton, Fayette, and Winneshiek counties.