This is a small overview of the "Heal the Nation" film screenings & discussions, held across the slums of Nairobi in 2012 (prior to the 2013 Kenyan elections) by the Picha Mtaani team. The peacebuilding initiative worked with 100+ local youth volunteers and substantively engaged 100,000 participants in 1000 film screenings and group conversations in community video dens, over seven weeks. More info at www.pichamtaani.org.
- Over 1000 slum screenings directly organised by our team
- 100,000 youth reached working with 120 volunteers.
- Thousands more watched in key towns across the country during our Amani Tour
- 3000+ DVDs distributed
- 11000+ views of Heal the Nation online
- dozens more big group screenings across the country that we were informed of, used by schools, churches, NCIC, and various other peace promoting groups.