HOW TO MAKE BUTTERBEER:
This version is similar to the kind served in Universal Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. (serves four to six)
You will need...
-1 cup of brown sugar, light or dark
-2 tbsp water
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp cider vinegar
-1/2 tsp rum extract
-6 tbsp butter
-3/4 heavy cream
-cream soda for four, preferably mild
-A small saucepan
-A medium mixing bowl
-A candy thermometer
-Canned whipped cream (optional)
1. Combine the brown sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir it gently, often as it boils until it reaches 240°F or 116°C.
2. Stir in the salt, vinegar, butter and ¼ cup of cream.
3. Set the mixture aside to cool to room temperature.
4. When it is cool stir in the rum extract.
5. In a medium bowl whisk the rest of the cream until thick, then stir in 2 tbsp of the mixture.
6. Pour ¼ cup of cream soda into each cup.
7. Stir 2-3 tbs of the mixture into each cup. It's okay if it bubbles a lot at this point.
8. Gently our cream soda into the cups until they are full, try to minimize foam because you want to retain some carbonation.
9. Scoop out the natural foam off the top of the cups (optional).
10. Dollop the whipped cream you made on top of each cup.
11. Top with some canned whipped cream (optional).
@Michelle_Potter http://www.twitter.com/Mich... http://www.instagram.com/Mi...
Every day I'm Tumblrin' http://MichelleTells.tumblr...
Music by Kevin MacLeod http://incompetech.com/ under a CC Attribution 3.0 license