Subscribe here: http://Youtube.com/Lucifit
Find more on my blog here: http://Lucifit.com/blog
There are three, big factors you need to consider if you want to make sure your workout is going to give you the results you want and need.
1. Make sure you're burning the most calories possible.
If you want to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight as you go through life you you need to consider this important factor. And there are two things you need to know: Bigger muscles burn more calories. So, for example an exercise that uses your quads, hamstrings and glutes will burn more calories than one that uses your arms. Larger movements burn more calories. So squatting, lunging, walking and running is going to burn more calories than lifting your heels or doing inner and outer thigh exercises.
I’m not saying that smaller exercises and smaller muscle groups don’t count, because they do. But, to burn the most calories have bigger muscle groups and bigger movements dominate your workout.
2. Exercise for specific results.
The body responds specifically to the work you give it.
For example, what is your goal?
• If you want to get stronger and have muscle tone, you have to do resistance exercise
• If you want healthier heart, lungs, blood vessels you need to do cardio.
• If you want more flexibility and not tighten up after sitting too long at the desk, then flexibility needs to be part of your exercise equation.
If you want to look great, and/or keep your body in best shape possible for as long as possible, then your goal needs to be to work all three angles regularly.
3. Be challenged
Don't get me wrong, you don’t need to do high interval exercise training each time you exercise. It's not even recommended that you do such a thing. But you do need to be able to honestly say that you challenged yourself by the time your workout is finished. Then your body can adapt to the challenge, and you can see physical results.