Hospital Procedures Consultantshttp://www.hospitalprocedur...
Hospitalist and Emergency Procedures Course
17 hours of CME
Course provides quality, comprehensive, evidence-based procedural education to emergency and hospitalist healthcare providers.
The founders and lead instructors, Dr. Joseph Esherick and Dr. Richard Rutherford, are accomplished clinicians and procedural educators with successful track records who have been teaching this subject material for a combined 18 years.
Hospital Procedures Consultants will be training practicing hospitalists, emergency physicians, and midlevel providers who are interested in developing their procedural skills.
Hospitalist and Emergency Procedures Course covers:
• procedural sedation
• femoral line placement
• internal jugular line placement
• subclavian line placement
• ultrasound-guided central line placement
• intraosseous line placement using the EZ-IO
• arterial line placement
• lumbar puncture
• tube thoracostomy
• Placement of a Wayne pneumothorax evacuation catheter
• endotracheal intubation
• Glidescope intubation
• laryngeal mask airway placement
• King tube placement
• The basics of mechanical ventilation
• The essentials of central hemodynamic monitoring
• Bedside ultrasound of the chest, abdomen, spine,
and heart including the RUSH and E-FAST exams