Extracts taken from a discourse of Sathya Sai Baba on 10th February 2000 (Upanayam Gayatri) for the use of the global Gayatri Mantra chanting program, which takes place every two months...
In the discourse, Sai Baba explains some key points about chanting the Gayatri Mantra and here is a list of some of this invaluable knowledge He has shared with us:
- If we chant the Gayatri Mantra, there is no need to chant any other mantra.
- Gayatri has three names: Gayatri, Savitri and Saraswati.
- “Gayatri Mantra is not an ordinary one: Therefore; Gayatri, Savitri, Saraswati speak the principal of Truth present latent in everyone”.
- The Gayatri Mantra promotes ‘Constant Integrated Awareness’.
- Father and Mother is God. We should never forget our Mother and we should always obey Her.
- We should chant the Gayatri Mantra three times a day: morning, midday and at twilight.
- Gayatri Maa has five faces (representing the different parts of the mantra).
- Chanting the Gayatri Mantra means that we are praying thus; Mother, please see that the inner darkness and ignorance is dispelled. And that with devotion we pray to Her to grant us intelligence.
- Gayatri is the combination of the three principals of Devotion, Wisdom and Renunciation. – When we chant Gayatri, our minds will be sacred.
- If you chant Gayatri Mantra at any age, you will certainly be liberated.
- We can and should, actually, chant the Gayatri Mantra continuously, everywhere in all periods of time: God is beyond time.
At the end of the video Sai Baba also stated: “You can think of God, everywhere, at all times… Under any circumstances, do not give up singing the glory of God: Chant His glory.”
To join in, please contact: email@example.com or visit: globalgayatrimantra.com