For more great mango recipes, visit the National Mango Board at www.mango.com
Makes 4 servings (3 lettuce wraps each)
Total time: 1 hour
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and chopped; divided
12 butter lettuce leaves
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp green onion tops, chopped
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1. Heat sesame oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, honey, and ginger.
3. Finely chop half the mango and add to the skillet.
4. Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce is very thick; let cool.
5. Spoon chicken into lettuce leaves and top each with remaining mango, bell pepper, green onion, and cilantro.
225 calories; 3 g total fat; 66 mg cholesterol; 840 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrates; 2 g fiber; 28 g protein