“Agriculture Advantage: The case for climate action in agriculture” was an initiative and collaboration effort between different organizations with the same mission to transform agricultural development in the face of climate change. The event aimed to articulate the different dimensions of climate actions in the agricultural sector. This initiative linked multiple side events that were held during the 2 weeks of COP23 into a single theme. This video gives a short overview of the event series.
More information and report back from the various events can be found here: https://ccafs.cgiar.org/cop...
The video recordings from all the events are available on this playlist (http://bit.ly/AgAd_Playlist
) and presentations are available on the CCAFS slideshare account (http://bit.ly/AgAd_Presenta...
The speakers featured in this video are:
- Theo de Jager, President, World Farmers' Organisation (WFO)
- Margarita Astralaga, Director, Environment and Climate Change Division, International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD)
- Juan Chang, Senior Forest and Land Use Specialist, Green Climate Fund
- Roberto Ridolfi, Director for Planet and Prosperity, DG Development and Cooperation, EuropeAid
- Tony Simons, Director General, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF)
- Alan Nicol, Strategic Program Leader, Promoting Sustainable Growth, International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Ishmael Sunga, CEO, Southern African Confederation of Agricultural Unions (SACAU)
- Andy Jarvis, Flagship Leader, Climate-smart Technologies and Practices, CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS)
- Sophia Huyer, Gender and Social Inclusion Leader, CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS)
- Diane Holdorf, Chief Sustainability Officer, Kellogg Company
- Bruce Campbell, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS)
This video has been produced by Julian Feldmann and Steve 'Chippy' Paine of HiBlue Multimedia Studio.