Please read the full description.
Here, the + version of the final boss is defeated on Hard difficulty under the following conditions:
- No DLC or Outerworld rewards used
- No EP used
- No recovery items used
- No damage type immunity (e.g. against magic with Preta Hood)
- No damage taken
- No Whirlwind Kick (from the Martial Monk garb)
- No Artemis's Arrows (from the Soldier of Peace garb)
- Base stats of 9800 HP/1000 Strength/1000 Magic (total stat gains of +7800/+800/+800)
[ PREFACE ]
Why no Whirlwind Kick, Artemis's Arrows, or even Magic Slash?
- No Whirlwind Kick for the challenge and novelty
- No Artemis's Arrows because I am not Heavy Slash farming
- No Magic Slash because it's only useful for damage against the final form, which is not an issue
[ FIRST STAGE ]
- This strategy depends on completing the fight before he switches to his physical form.
- Light Slash/Deprotect Hunter provides steady and significant damage, while Beat Down finales stagger and deal heavy burst damage. Regular Beat Down usage maintains Committal-triggered Bravery at all times. In addition to their Standby ATB Recovery effect, the guard abilities enable me to cancel the recovery of every Beat Down finale.
- With Hard Hitter Level 3, Deprotect Hunter and Beat Down finales can interrupt all enemy actions when enchanted with the element matching the weakness of the opposing Spirit phase. This, right at the beginning, is the most luck-based part of the fight. My bracelet and his choice of Spirit must be in sync. Also, the importance of Hard Hitter renders Chaos's Revenge rather unusable with this strategy.
- Sacred Knight can nullify all enemy attacks. This is because Heavy Guard+ in combination with Guard Efficiency +22% results in 100% guard resistance. A notable exception is Wings of Destruction, which must be perfect-guarded, and sets off a chain reaction of Monad explosions which also must be perfect-guarded. Fortunately, Wings of Destruction can be interrupted as noted previously.
- Monad Beget can be interrupted and if the Monads are not created, he will reattempt to use it later on. If Wings of Destruction is interrupted while there are still active Monads, he will never use it again.
- My elemental bracelet effect will fade after a minute, which is around the time when he will switch to a different Spirit phase. I am no longer be able to interrupt him and I deal much less damage.
- Therefore, I MUST allow him to create Monads with Monad Beget early in the fight. This is always his fourth action to begin the battle. During this time, I refresh Deprotect and Imperil. Then, while my elemental effect is still active, I can interrupt his Wings of Destruction and not have to worry about it again.
- By the time the elemental effect wears off, I want to deplete at least half his HP. For the remainder of this first form, I must guard vigilantly against all spells and use every opportunity to deal burst damage with Beat Down.
- During his third Spirit phase, Genethliac Hymn will occur. I must deplete his remaining HP if he is still hanging around at this point. Besides the obvious reasons (he takes much less damage and is charging Dancing Mad/Falling Star), the charge effect around him deals intermittent damage, which must be avoided.
[ SECOND STAGE ]
- Although prior familiarity with this fight may cultivate a sense of confidence in approaching the second stage, it is difficult to ensure a stagger without Chaos's Revenge while guarding all of his attacks to avoid damage.
- Elementa is the key to staggering efficiently, as its multiple hits allow me to apply and preserve stagger power while guarding his attacks, especially lengthy ones like Damnatio Memoriae. Paired perfectly with Sight's Circlet+, every Elementa is a finale and can be guard-cancelled into another one.
- Apply occasional doses of Light Slash to help preserve the wave. A good rule of thumb is Light Slash, Beat Down x2, then either repeat or cast Elementa from the ground.
[ CONTEXT ]
The last condition establishes the context that carries over from my NG+ DASH, in that the final stat line does not exceed a base of 1000 Strength or Magic.
One of the key thematic principles of the NG+ DASH is the absolute minimization of farming. Thus, the schemata setup is designed around what is necessarily convenient as a result of completing the challenge, and can be achieved within the confines of the NG+ DASH walkthrough, with only about an hour's worth of extra preparation. Again, this is evident if you understand the core philosophy and progression of the NG+ DASH.
For more information on the NG+ DASH and how it frames this video, please visit this page:https://arthellinus.wordpre...