“Climate change is the most important existential dilemma of our time and I just couldn't sit back and do nothing. So I started Resilient Neighborhoods,” says Tamra Peters, founder of RESILIENT NEIGHBORHOOD.
Resilient Neighborhood teams go on a “low carbon diet.” They aim to lose 5000 pounds of carbon in 60 days. Team members support each other in making simple lifestyle changes that make a difference and save money too.
The SIX most important climate actions for individuals:
1. Sign up for 100 percent renewable electricity.
2. Give up your car or switch to an electric vehicle.
3. Insulate your home and add solar panels if you can.
4. Use electric appliances, not gas
5. Switch to a more plant based diet.
6. Consider giving up air travel or flying less.
Take a climate action class at Resilient Neighborhoods. Org
Thanks to Greenchange.net for the video.