X3D is the International Standard for interactive 3D graphics for real-time communication on the Web.
This video shows prominent 2016 exemplar demonstrations:
1. Multiple scenes showing Animation, supported by multiple players.
2. Interactive 3D graphics on mobile device and platforms including mobile and immersive devices.
3. Presentation of Geospatial Data. With X3D, 3D graphics may be Integrated with graphs and text description.
4. Embedded in HTML, embedded in a web page without need for external plugins.
5. Stereoscopic TV or presented on auto-stereoscopic TV.
6. CAD models and applications include visualization in Computer Aided Engineering.
7. Human Animation (H-Anim) includes dynamic and interactive animation of human figures.
8. Volumetric rendering for Medical Imaging.
9. Urban modelling and animated city-scapes for urban modelling and planning.