With the 2020 Presidential election season upon us, the GOP is intent on presenting voters with a false choice of "socialism" vs "capitalism." But there is a major problem with the logic behind this message as economist Jerry Robinson explains in this week's provocative podcast.
View show notes here... https://followthemoney.com/...
Socialism in America, you say? Never!
Economist and best-selling author Jerry Robinson lays bare the truth about socialism in America in his usual provocative manner, from the “political atheist” point of view.
- Washington’s spending excess is indicative of a decadent empire in decline
- Writing on the Wall: The US cannot sustain a 3% growth rate after
- 10 years into the slowest economy recovery in history
- The Fed’s attempt to raise interest rates was met with a reversal, because America’s economy has proven to be too fragile for even one interest rate hike in 2019
- There is a large discrepancy between Trump’s outlook and the Fed’s outlook on the economy
- Rewind to 2009: US debt was a mere 9 trillion dollars, Bankruptcy of Our Nation was released, and the Tea Party Movement was going strong
- The national debt and deficits have more than doubled in recent years with little to no outrage in 2019
- America’s two-party political system is basically owned by corporate and other special interest groups who represent the will of the elites (not the people)
- Socialism is “a way of organizing a society in which major industries are owned and controlled by the government rather than by people and companies… “
- Case in point: US Military is a social utopia – free benefits – all to the tune of $750 billion plus per year (courtesy of US taxpayers)
- Bottom line: Socialism already exists in America