‘We’re Still Here’ is the first single from Tom Curtain’s highly anticipated fourth studio album, co-written and produced by Garth Porter, and due to be released in November 2019.
Tom had toured through drought-stricken western Queensland only weeks before the devastating 2019 floods. As he drove home to the Northern Territory following the floods, he was overcome by the death and destruction which lay in the now lush, green Queensland pastures as far as the eye could see.
Moved by the devastating floods, fires and droughts that continue to cripple rural Australia, Tom was inspired to put pen to paper to commemorate the resilience of farming families and their communities, particularly in times of adversity.
Tom teamed-up with Garth Porter to write ‘We’re Still Here’, a salute to rural Australia and the uncanny ability of rural communities to pull together, rebuild and move forward despite ongoing challenges, natural disasters and isolation.
Available now on iTunes, Apple Music and other digital platforms, search 'Tom Curtain We're Still Here'.
- Artist: Tom Curtain
- Written by: Tom Curtain (Perfect Pitch Publishing) and Garth Porter (Perfect Pitch Publishing)
- Produced and programmed by: Garth Porter
- Engineer: Ted Howard
- Recorded & Mixed at: Rancom Studios
- Mastered at: Rancom Studios by Ted Howard
- Drums overdubs: Pete Drummond
- Acoustic Guitar: Rod McCormack
- Electric Guitar: Glen Hannah
- Bass Guitar: Ian Lees
- Pedal Steel: Mike Johnson
- Backing Vocals: Lyn Bowtell and Glen Cunningham
Music Video Credits:
- Directed by: Tom Curtain
- Filmed, produced and edited by: Harry Vick
- Additional footage supplied by: Josh Rawlings, Nick Dohnt and Harry Whipple
A special thank you to all involved in the making of this song and music video clip including those who sent footage and photos.