Seen here, is a 3D antique flintlock pistol rendered in real-time using Marmoset Toolbag 2 and a PBR workflow. I have designed it to be very ornate with many of its silver features mirroring French designs of the 17th century.
On the very bottom portion of the handle, is a gargoyle-esque head, which seems to have been popular at the time. I threw-in a few fleur-de-lis' for good measure! The guns are supposed to be in good condition with some gunk and blemishes making a subtle appearance here and there.
Please select 1080p60 for the best viewing experience (only Chrome currently supports 60FPS).
The software I used is as follows:
1. Autodesk Maya (for NURBS features)
2. Autodesk 3DS Max (for polygonal modelling)
3. Pixologic ZBrush (for high-poly detailing and texturing)
4. Adobe Photoshop (for refinement of texture maps)
5. Marmoset Toolbag 2 (for showcasing the finished asset)
Polycount thread: http://www.polycount.com/fo...
Blog entry: http://maxwellriktaylor.com...