See why Courtney Harrison, 2016 NSW Apprentice of the Year, chose automotive mechanical technology, how she won an apprenticeship with her employer, and how she’s smashed the challenges found in this non-traditional trade area so far.
This DVD was developed to showcase some of the great learning and work opportunities available through apprenticeships and traineeships. Think about it, with an apprenticeship or traineeship you can gain valuable vocational skills and qualifications, whilst at the same time, put these skills into practice and get paid to do it!
The stories contained on this DVD are inspiring -- particularly for students at school who are thinking about and exploring possible career and subject choices, for people who are looking for an exciting career with unlimited possibilities and for mature age workers seeking a career change.
The stories are about a variety of different people. Each individual has a unique wonderful story to share about their journey of discovery, learning and achievement.
Did you know?
• there are over 120 apprenticeship and 800 traineeship vocations to select from
• students can do an apprenticeship or traineeship as part of their HSC studies
• studies undertaken as part of an apprenticeship or traineeship can articulate into higher vocational and University courses, meaning you get credit for the training you undertake
• apprenticeships and traineeships undertaken in NSW are recognised throughout Australia
• there are people who can help you with your career choices and provide advice; accept their help, listen
• opportunities come along when you least expect them -- grasp them when you can!
This DVD was developed to show young Indigenous students some of the learning and training opportunities available to them through apprenticeships, traineeships and vocational training.
Students can start this training while they are still at school. These stories will inspire young people to continue their education; to keep going to school; to have dreams and aspirations. These stories are about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and each individual has a unique and wonderful story to share about their journey through life, work and the communities they call home.
Many of the people featured in these stories have overcome difficulties. Many have travelled a very rough road to get where they are today.