The College of Humanities and Sciences is the intellectual core of the University of Montana. We fulfill the central purpose for which the University was chartered in 1893: To provide a liberal education and integrated knowledge of the humanities and the sciences.
The College of Humanities and Sciences believes in:
• The transformative power of education, in which knowledge and understanding is created through active learning, research and creative scholarship.
• Intellectual and human diversity, so that respect for different points of view is encouraged and students, faculty, and staff realize their full potential.
• Global perspective and engagement
• A safe and respectful learning and workplace environment
• A sustainable future for our local, state, and global communities.
This video was produced by the faculty and students of the Film Studies Program, which is housed in the College of Humanities and Sciences at the University of Montana.