On a long November night, ultrarunner Kilian Jornet trains on a never-ending knife-edge ridge overlooking the dark fjords. Way up high, during the frigid windy night, Kilian attempts to make the aurora borealis appear.
The Aurora Borealis (also known as the Northern Lights) and the Aurora Australis are a natural phenomenon created through the interaction between charged particles of the solar wind and the upper atmosphere. The auroras occur primarily in those regions close to the magnetic poles (source: https://wikipedia.org/wiki/...
). You can plan for this incredible phenomenon by following the aurora forecast on websites like Aurora-service (http://aurora-service.eu
Note: This film used special effects. Unfortunately, the NAO®+ cannot make the aurora borealis appear... ☺ Don't worry, your headlamp can work, even if your phone runs out of energy. For more information on the NAO®+ headlamp, the MyPetzl Light application, and the aurora borealis, please visit https://www.petzl.com
- How to run at night, feat. Kilian Jornet (https://youtu.be/YzSUs-MZcVA
- Introducing the NAO®+ headlamp (https://youtu.be/KWS8zHWd7pY
- How to use the MyPetzl Light application (https://youtu.be/_QuEpwu_cJA
- How to choose the energy source for your headlamp? (https://youtu.be/MDz_dJ2xQYI
0:01 - 0:33 : Music by eKoman "A slow ride"
0:38 - 1:42 : Music by Ada & the Fish Tree "Unreadable Book"
2:11 - 3:40 : Av.i "The ghetto remix" (https://soundcloud.com/thea...
- Follow Kilian (if you can! ☺) https://www.instagram.com/k...
- Photography by Bertrand Delapierre & Guillaume Broust
- Cinemagraph by Marc Daviet
- VFX by MédéO (http://www.medeo.fr
- Written & directed by Guillaume Broust (https://www.youtube.com/use...
©Petzl 2017 - All rights reserved