Want to join the action on Zwift? You’ll need a bike, trainer, and device to run the Zwift app. Learn how to get started with the largest indoor virtual training community on the planet.
Connect with us:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/goz...
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/go...
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/gozwift
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/g...
Getting started on Zwift is surprisingly simple. Follow these instructions, and you’ll be Zwifting in no time.
1. You’ll need a bike, trainer, and device to run the Zwift app.
2. Most Zwifters use road bikes—but mountain bikes, hybrids, and smart bikes work, too.
3. You’ll also need a trainer. There are two types of trainers: smart and classic.
4. A classic trainer is a great, inexpensive option that’s easy to set up and use. Selecting a classic trainer means you’ll need a speed sensor, too. For more info on setting up a classic trainer, check out this video.
5. If you have a heart rate monitor, cadence sensor or power meter, that’s even better! You’ll get more performance stats to level up your training.
6. A smart trainer adds a whole new dimension to Zwift, automatically changing the resistance to mimic the road you’re on. When the grade in Zwift increases, the resistance also increases. When you’re heading downhill, pedaling is easier. When you are drafting, you don’t have to pedal as hard.
7. Smart trainers also measure your power, a convenient and cost-saving bonus. Individual power meters often cost $1,000 or more. Meters are considered to be one of the best tools for improving your cycling performance, and smart trainers provide this data.
8. You’ve got your bike and trainer. Now you need a device to run Zwift on. Zwift is an app that works on most newer PCs and Macs, most iPhones, iPads, and Apple TVs that are 4th generation or later, as well as Android tablets and phones. Check out our video on compatible devices for more specifics.
9. Ready to download the free Zwift app? Visit Zwift.com, the Apple App Store, or the Google Play Store. You can sign up for a 7-day free trial and give Zwift a spin.
10. Remember to get yourself a powerful fan—you’re going to need it!
Zwift is the app that makes indoor training fun. Connecting cyclists and runners around the world, Zwift mixes the intensity of training with the immersive and engaging play of gaming. Ride or run virtual worlds with a community that motivates you at every mile. You'll get faster and stronger and have a blast doing it.
You can become the undisputed king of the mountain, leave your competitors in your wake to become the sprint jersey holder, or simply join your friends for a leisurely run on a Sunday morning.
And you can make fun fast day or night, even if it’s raining, snowing, or just plain awful outside. Got goals? We’ve got a training plan for you that adjusts automatically depending on your schedule. Just want a workout? We have more than a thousand to choose from, or you can build a custom workout.
Just download our app, connect your bike to your indoor trainer, and start your 7-day free trial. And if you want to run, you can do that for free. Just download our app, connect your treadmill or cadence tracker, and you’ll be off and Zwifting in no time.