Savory Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes Number of Servings: 4
• 3 cups cooked Quinoa (*Which is about 1 cup dry quinoa…see tip)
• 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
• 4 green onions, chopped
• 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
• 2 cups fresh baby spinach
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Non-stick cooking spray
• 2 large Eggs
• ½ of an avocado, sliced
• Optional Garnishments: Salsa, cilantro, shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté green onions, spinach, and cherry tomatoes for 2-4 minutes.
2. Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add the sautéed veggies to the bowl along with the quinoa. Add some freshly ground black pepper to taste.
3. Wipe your skillet clean, spray with non-stick cooking spray and lower heat to medium-low.
4. Whisk eggs in a small bowl and add to the skillet to be scrambled. At this point you can also add any other seasonings you like.
5. Add the scrambled eggs to the bowl with the quinoa and toss all ingredients well.
6. Divide evenly over 4 bowls and top with slices of avocado and optional toppings like salsa, cilantro and shredded cheese.
• Rinse dry quinoa very well before cooking.
• Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan along with the rinsed dry quinoa and simmer 15-20 or until all liquid has evaporated and quinoa is cooked.
• Don’t like quinoa…try this dish with plain oatmeal in the place of the quinoa.
Nutrition Facts (per serving and does not include optional garnishments):
Calories: 286 Protein: 10.4 gm Total Carbohydrates: 36gm Fiber: 5.4 gm
Total Fat: 12gm Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 54mg
For more Live Well approved recipes: http://www.mycountymarket.c...