A Bedouin escape. A night of island rhythm. Dinner whipped up on a surface of hot glass as it cools. It’s all in a day—when that day happens to be Global Day of Discovery, that is. On June 5, we invited guests and locals to go off-script with us as we celebrated our 7th annual Global Day of Discovery across 36 countries.
From unforgettable walking tours to explore iconic, under-the-radar neighborhood spots to one-of-a-kind bar rituals, our 164 hotels all over the world showed guests how #renhotels inspires stories worth retelling. Some highlights from Global Day of Discovery 2018 included:
• Renaissance Cairo Mirage invited guests to discover the awe-inspiring 17th-century architecture of the Gayer-Anderson Museum, then treated them to an unforgettable Bedouin celebration featuring a lively Tanoura show and camel rides.
• Renaissance Phuket whisked guests away to Sarasin Bridge via a scenic boat ride—their destination, which boasts an iconic backdrop, was the first bridge to connect Phuket to the mainland.
• Forget traditional table settings—Global Day attendees at Renaissance Toledo reveled in an unexpected dining experience that paid homage to the city’s nickname of the “Glass City”. The chef worked in tandem with a local glass artist whose creation served as the culinary surface; the meal was cooked on the hot glass as it cooled.
• Renaissance Bangkok brought its neighborhood’s soulful street culture to life; guests let their inner artists loose by joining in on live painting, indulged in street food and enjoyed a concert by popular Thai musician Boy Peacemaker.
•Rooftop fencing and water acrobatics—it was a typically unexpected evening at Renaissance Barcelona Fira. Their Global Day of Discovery was a tribute to the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.
• Renaissance Bali put a colorful twist on its Global Day of Discovery festivities, featuring a bar ritual worthy of a standing ovation and innovative projection mapping on its rooftop pool.
• La Concha treated guests to a night of island rhythm, celebrating the unique music and culinary delights of each of the four corners of its island.
• Guests at Renaissance Montreal had a front-row seat to the city’s one-of-a-kind design scene. The hotel’s Navigators handpicked ten designers of coveted curiosity objects that were on display in the lobby.
• Art meets fashion meets unforgettable design at Renaissance Paris Vendome. The recently renovated hotel unveiled its homage to the fashionable neighborhood it calls home.
• From 3D graffiti art to a glow-in-the-dark installation, Renaissance Downtown Hotel, Dubai’s Navigators curated local art that piqued guests’ curiosity.
Want to get in on the fun? Visit renhotels.com/events for the latest happenings in your neighborhood.
Connect with Renaissance:
Follow Renaissance Hotels on Twitter: https://twitter.com/renhotels
Like Renaissance Hotels on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Re...
Follow Renaissance Hotels on Instagram: http://instagram.com/renhotels