This is a quick and easy smoothie recipe to make yourself a healthy spinach smoothie for breakfast for example. The recipe works with other edible leafy greens as well, the taste will change of course. In this video I use spinach as the main green ingredient.
Green smoothies are very healthy to drink (eat) but how do you make a green smoothie? It is quite easy! You will need some bananas and maybe some other fruits like apples (beware that apples in smoothies might rise your blood sugar level fast, so you might need to avoid them) and some leafy greens, like spinach. In this video I have used two medium-sized bananas, one apple and a handful of spinach. Add as much spinach as you would like to. The more you add the better.
- How to make spinach smoothie -
1. Wash the greens thoroughly. Peel the apples and bananas.
2. Cut the apples into smaller sizes so your blender can work with it more easily
3. Add the bananas, cut them into smaller sizes as well if needed
4. Add spinach on top of them (in the video I have added them between the fruits, but it is easier for the blender if you add these last)
5. Add just enough water so the blades are underwater and the blender can work.
6. Use the ice crusher function on your blender until all the big chunk of fruits are gone. (Turn on the ice crusher function for a second only each time.)
7. Use first a slower speed, then a faster speed on your blender to finish the smoothie. 30 second is more than enough for this step.
8. Pour the smoothie into glasses and bon appetite!
Try to drink the smoothie slow, chewing each sip you take. Blending the fruits and the greens into a smoothie is good because it will be easier for your body to get the nutrients from them. Here are some videos Dr. Greger made about smoothies, if you would like to learn more about the benefits and disadvantages of smoothies:
Are Green Smoothies Good for You? https://youtu.be/6P0BEmtwnZA
Are Green Smoothies Bad for You? https://youtu.be/BARsjJcC8wE
Green Smoothies: What Does the Science Say? https://youtu.be/w_tN7NQgtR8