Recently we made another version of a crispbread. But this time I am using a Swedish deep notched wooden rolling pin. This is a special rolling pin that helps to create a pattern on the Swedish Crispbread or knäckebröd. 😀
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups wholewheat rye flour
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant dried yeast
1 tsp salt or sea salt flakes
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp caraway seeds or cumin
1. Heat the cream and water together until warm to the touch.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the yeast and stir.
3. Add the water mixture and mix together to form a dough.
4. Knead it for 2-3 minutes.
5. Place the large ball in a bowl, cover with a cloth and leave somewhere warm for 20-30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 450F
7. Then roll the dough out using an ordinary rolling pin to about 8 to 10 inches large circle until it is as thin as possible.
8. Sprinkle with the salt, sesame seeds and cumin seeds.
9. Roll again to help the topping stick with deep notted rolling pin.
or make a pattern on the surface using a fork.
10. Bake at a degree of 450 F for 4 to 5 minutes
11. Take it out of the oven and flip the bread. Then bake it for 2 to 3 more minutes.
Enjoy the crispbead with a slice of cheese or jam. 🍽️
❄️We hope you enjoyed our video and recipe! ❄️ Give us thumbs up if you like this video & subscribe for more videos. 👍👍 Thanks! Tak!
❄️For notifications of our video release click on the bell (lower left of the video)
❄️To get complete recipe with instructions and measurements, check out our bloghttps://scandinaviancooks.c...
❄️ SUBSCRIBE to learn how to make Scandinavian dishes. https://www.youtube.com/use...
❄️ Our Scandinavian Today Cooking Show includes Nordic recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic and Finnish. You might be interested in other Nordic cooking videos including
Æbleskiver ♥ How to Make Danish Aebleskiver with Apple Filling ❅https://youtu.be/mb8Y9IyfMS4
How to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe) https://youtu.be/uDJNn6-nZF...
How to make our easy Danish cucumber salad (Agurkesalat) recipe https://youtu.be/8J-4NPWaTlU
How to make Danish Kringle - A Delicious Danish Pastryhttps://youtu.be/cuqgIlPXlQU
Norwegian Cake Recipe - Kvæfjordkake - How to make the World's Best Cake!https://youtu.be/saXxDx1IDo4
Finnish Spoon Cookies - Lusikkaleivat https://youtu.be/ERckcGVYUXs
Flatbraud - How to Make Icelandic Rye Flatbreadhttps://youtu.be/5xzuJjMG5b8
❄️ New Episodes (just about) two each week. We have over 250 Nordic recipes.
Please let us know if you have a recipe request!
❄️ LET'S CONNECT! ❄️
YouTube Scandinavian Today https://goo.gl/LzjnVR
We are Karen Grete & Heidi (mother/daughter team). We are excited about Scandinavian - Nordic art, travel and of course FOOD!
We ❤️ you ALL for watching!
Karen Grete and Heidi
#ScandinavianToday #KarenGrete #ScandinavianCooking #Recipes