Go Baby Go and 1000 Cheeseburgers to raise awareness for children with mobility disabilaties.
On June 1st we organized an event to raise money for a child's rehabilitation and raise awareness of the GoBabyGo project here in Poland.
We grilled off 1016 cheeseburgers, raised over 4000zl and collected over 500 stuffed animals for the local police and fire departments.
Here's a bit of trivia surrounding putting this together...
1. Everything was donated by local businesses
2. Over 100kg (200lbs) of beef was donated
3. Over 25kg (50lbs) was used
4. 75 heads of lettuce, 150 fresh tomatoes and 100 onions had to be prepared.
5. Marketing started 5 weeks before the event including TV, radio and print and online media attention. We didn't have the meat donation confirmed until 9 days before the event. Talk about being a nervous wreck.
6. All of the entertainment came together in the last week. The stage was a last minute thought and confirmed on Monday before the event. We had 1 week to fill it with entertainment.
7. We built the grill from scratch, including the gas lines and tubing. On Friday night before the grill was still not complete and more importantly we realized we had wrong parts. We had to drive 100km on Sat to find replacements and we finally got a working grill by 6pm the night before the event. Did I say I was a nervous wreck?
Hope you enjoyed the film.
Like us on Facebookhttp://facebook.com/GoBabyGoPL