This video is unavailable.
Google+ Platform Office Hours: The History API
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 31, 2012
This week on the Google+ Platform Office Hours we show you how get started with the developer preview of the Google+ history API.
0:36 - Session agenda
1:00 - Introductions
2:56 - What is the Google+ history API?
- Official docs: http://developers.google.com/+/history
4:58 - How does the Google+ history API work?
6:30 - Using PHP to write to the history API
13:00 - Writing moments from the past
15:16 - How does sharing work with historical moments?
16:35 - How do moments appear when shared to the stream?
17:54 - Can we insert moments that do not have a publicly accessible URL?
18:46 - Is there an endDate field to correspond with the startDate?
20:12 - Can you sign a moment during write to recall it later?
21:26 - Can I change the people I share a moment with after I've shared it?
22:48 - Will Google aggregate similar moments?
24:58 - Can you use startDate to write moments in the future?
26:10 - Can we specify a group ID to provide Google a hint for aggregation?
28:10 - When can we use other scopes with history?
- tracked in issue #308 - http://goo.gl/TULAS
30:30 - When will Google Play Services for the Google+ platform be available?
32:12 - When can I connect to a Hangout on Air from a mobile device?
32:50 - When will hangout apps work on mobile devices?
33:28 - Can I specify my own ID when I write a moment and use that to update the moment later?
35:11 - Wrap up
Related source code
- Source code that was shown - http://goo.gl/vlYEl
- PHP API Client - http://goo.gl/loeN6
Related I/O talks
- Getting Started with Google+ History - http://goo.gl/ihWmh
- Advanced Google+ History API - http://goo.gl/KbWBp
On Google+: https://plus.google.com/events/ciuvmh...
Standard YouTube License
- 1:02:07 Google I/O 2012 - High Performance HTML5by GoogleDevelopers 26,499 views
- 31:35 Google+ Hangouts API v1.2by GoogleDevelopers 2,315 views
- 44:09 Google+ Platform Office Hours for January 25th 2012by GoogleDevelopers 8,697 views
- 46:43 Google+ Platform Office Hours for May 2nd, 2012: Hanging out with the Tabletop Forge teamby GoogleDevelopers 3,312 views
- 56:54 Google+ Hangout API Codingby Ohirim 1,188 views
- 14:10 The Platform: What does US public outburst mean for Pak-US ties (Part I)by theexpresstribune 454 views
- 22:21 SmarterCities Rio | Ginni Rometty Discusses How to Build a Smarter Cityby IBMSocialMedia 11,074 views
- 1:00:18 How To Design A Good API and Why it Mattersby GoogleTechTalks 177,786 views
- 5:45 2012/6/12 Apple 新款 MacBook Pro 官方视频介绍 （中文）by MediaAsiaG2 887 views
- 3:24 OpenMol - Collaborative Molecular Dynamics Visualization Application for Virtual Worldsby Helmut Prendinger 2,725 views
- 13:45 The HTML5 History API: PushState or bust! - Anson Parkerby webdirections 580 views
- 1:38:14 Trey's Variety Hour #77: Best practices on the new G+, Lightroom 5, Apple announcements, and more!by Trey Ratcliff
- 2:16 What is an APIby butterscotchcom 11,395 views
- 48:02 Google I/O 2012 - Advanced Google+ History APIby GoogleDevelopers 1,723 views
- 27:17 What is an API? How Do You Make a Business Out of an API? Gilbert West at Bizcamp.beby Ramon Suarez 8,619 views
- 40:44 Google I/O 2012 - Getting Direct Feedback from your YouTube Communityby GoogleDevelopers 213,480 views
- 51:25 Getting Started with Google Compute Engineby GoogleDevelopers 3,558 views
- 34:34 Google Maps Developers Office Hoursby GoogleDevelopers 1,703 views
- 56:41 Google I/O 2012 - The Next Generation of Social is in a Hangoutby GoogleDevelopers 8,731 views
- Loading more suggestions...