Easy Osso Bucco w/ Gremolata Recipe (How to Make It) || KIN EATS
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 17, 2012
Hungry for more? Savor tasty KIN EATS videos & recipes here: http://bit.ly/KinEats. Find the full Easy Osso Bucco recipe by clicking on "Show more" below.
We asked for your favorite weeknight meals and you all sent such great suggestions! One of our favorite submissions was from subscriber EmmaEmilieHD ( http://www.youtube.com/EmmaEmilieHD ) who suggested an easy Osso Bucco. What a hearty, grand meal, and it doesn't take as much effort as you think. Yum!
MUSIC AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE! The song you're hearing in this video is "I wanna Be Your Teddy Bear" and it's available on the Kin Community Records Sampler Vol #1. You can download this song today at iTunes http://bit.ly/10KUq4U or Amazon http://amzn.to/XXOw1H Music provided courtesy of KIN COMMUNITY RECORDS in partnership with Killer Tracks.
Osso Bucco with Gremolata
2 whole veal shanks (bone in)
2 cups (240 g) plain flour
2 tablespoons (30 g) butter
3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
4 carrots, roughly chopped
2 celery ribs, roughly chopped
2 medium yellow onions, or 1 large, roughly chopped
2 cups (475 mL) vermouth
1 large (16oz, 460 g) or 2 small (8oz, 230 g) tins of chopped tomatoes
1 bunch Italian parsley
1 clove garlic
1 lemon (zest only)
Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan. (If you have a Dutch oven, use instead.)
Dredge the veal in flour, add to the pot to brown on both sides.
Remove from pan, and add the carrots, celery and onion. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
Let this sizzle and cook down a bit, then, add the chopped tomato.
As this is cooking, find yourself a nice baking dish (or Dutch oven) with a good-fitting lid. Transfer the lovely veggies to the bottom of this dish, plop the veal on top, and then cover with a layer of parchment before securing the lid. If using a Dutch oven, simply nestle the browned veal chops back into the dish surrounded by all the veggies.
Pop in a 300°F (150°C) oven for a good 3 hours.
While the Osso Bucco cooks, prep the Gremolata.
Rough chop the Italian parsley. Add a clove of minced or finely chopped garlic. Add the zest of a lemon. Add a pinch of finishing salt or sea salt.
Mix all this together and save for topping your osso when it comes out of the oven.
Product Shopping Links:
Le Creuset 3 1/2 Qt. Braiser
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube (Never miss a video!)
Standard YouTube License
- 9:25 How to Make Osso Buco - HD Videoby cookinginhdFeatured 76,649
- 3:07 Chocolate Ganache Cake: How to Make w/ Strawberry Frosting || KIN EATSby kincommunity 255,177 views
- 2:29 Caramel Chocolate Pot de Crème Recipe: Make It (How to) || KIN EATSby kincommunity 91,742 views
- 1:54 Easy Lasagna Recipe: No Boil Pasta Dinner (How to Make This Weeknight Recipe) || KIN EATSby kincommunity 34,993 views
- 1:54 Crepes: Chocolate Banana Bourbon: Make Them (How to) || KIN EATSby kincommunity 51,751 views
- 202 videos Play all Kin Eatsby kincommunity
- 9:47 Ossobuco - PROFESSIONAL Italian Restaurant Recipe (Osso Buco)by MrPlanx 6,455 views
- 4:41 Le Creuset Signature Braiser - Coq au Vin | Williams-Sonomaby WilliamsSonoma 6,962 views
- 3:59 Le Creuset Signature Dutch Oven - Braised Short Ribsby WilliamsSonoma 4,847 views
- 2:49 Osso Bucco with Risotto Milaneseby ghoztman 7,996 views
- 2:28 Marvelous Mushroom Pot Roastby DailyWebTV 5,939 views
- 5:20 Osso Whaaaat? Mack's Osso Bucco recipe!by Pharmaguy aka John Mack 6,309 views
- 2:14 Le Creuset Signature Roaster - Roasted Chicken with Gravyby WilliamsSonoma 2,154 views
- 7:25 Osso Bucco via King Ash Bay, NTby mikeybk9 14,539 views
- 1:28 How to Make Osso Buco (Braised Beef Shank) - Recipeby NaturesEmporium 1,971 views
- 7:09 Osso Buco - Recession Styleby morethanspaghetti 6,560 views
- 3:00 youchef.tv - Ossobuco alla Milaneseby wwwyoucheftv 14,708 views
- 3:46 Le Creuset Kitchen Sessions With Josh Feathers of Blackberry Farmby lecreusetUS 10,045 views
- 1:36 Osso bucoby arlavideos 14,437 views
- 4:44 How to make Osso Bucco in HDby legourmettv 5,708 views
- 43:35 Kitchen Nightmares S06E10 Ninos Italian Restaurantby pradtrailers 19,463 views
- Loading more suggestions...