Amazing Honey Coiling High Speed Video! - Smarter Every Day 53
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 3, 2012
Please share this video by clicking this: http://on.fb.me/SweetMath
This is called the "Liquid Rope Coil Effect". Roped behave the same way when dropped from high. See the raw high speed footage here: http://bit.ly/RawHoneyData
The high speed camera used was a Phantom V10. Rent one yourself by clicking here: http://bit.ly/wQPlHd
Gordon McGladdery wrote & Recorded the song "Long Time, No See"
Download it here:
Sarah Xu, a student at the Vancouver Film School made the awesome introduction Drawing. Look at the full non-8-second version here: http://captainpillow.blogspot.ca/
The graphs are scientifically accurate!
My pancreas almost shut down after the test tube scene. I kept getting corn syrup/molasses/honey on my hands and licked it off. Seriously.... I started feeling weird.
Why did I make this? Because you asked!
I made this video at the request of a Smarter Every Day Subscriber:
Tweet me @SmarterYouTube and ask me to do something.
Also, I contacted a Physicist named Sean in the UAE who made this video:
GET SMARTER SECTION
Kinematic Viscosity is simply the Dynamic Viscosity divided by the Density
Read an article by the Royal Society on the Math involved. Hope you like math:
Here's a great paper that describes the 4 flow regimes very well.
The high speed was shot with a Phantom V10: http://www.visionresearch.com/Product...
Instead of saving for my kids' college, I make videos using the money I would have saved.
The thought is it will help educate the world as a whole, and one day generate enough revenue to pay for their education. Until then if you appreciate what you've learned in this video and the effort that went in to it, please share the video. If you REALLY liked it, feel free to pitch a few dollars towards their college fund by clicking here:
Standard YouTube License
- 5:30 Goldfish Catches Bulletby SmarterEveryDayFeatured 262,543
- 5:08 High Speed Fun and a Fly Responding to a Blast Wave | Smarter Every Day 55by SmarterEveryDay 708,429 views
- 4:32 The insanely scary "Tailless Whip Scorpion" - Smarter Every Day 77by SmarterEveryDay 463,342 views
- 5:24 Poop Splash Elimination - Smarter Every Day 22by SmarterEveryDay 1,226,692 views
- 3:38 Real life minecraft - Mud is Interesting - Smarter Every Day 18by SmarterEveryDay 409,431 views
- 5:58 Underwater Explosions (Science with Alan Sailer!) - Smarter Every Day 63by SmarterEveryDay 359,180 views
- 6:07 Why You Didn't Die at Birth - Smarter Every Day 42by SmarterEveryDay 280,350 views
- 5:40 The Helicopter Speed Limit - Helicopter Physics Series - #7 - Smarter Every Day 51by SmarterEveryDay 402,969 views
- 4:28 Eyeballs vs. Bullets in SlowMo - Smarter Every Day 26by SmarterEveryDay 211,394 views
- 3:32 Art with Bullets - ... Smarter Every Dayby SmarterEveryDay 96,206 views
- 5:11 12 Gauge Dragon's Breath AT NIGHT!- Smarter Every Day 2by SmarterEveryDay 1,387,976 views
- 1:22 Water Balloon to the Face doesn't pop - Smarter Every Dayby SmarterEveryDay 927,768 views
- 8:04 How do you point a SPACE TELESCOPE? | Smarter Every Day 59by SmarterEveryDay 138,362 views
- 3:56 Improvising in Africa. Warning - GROSS - Smarter Every Day 28by SmarterEveryDay 8,540,283 views
- 10:47 Prince Rupert's Drops Are Stronger Than Steelby FlinnScientific 49,947 views
- 3:54 Helicopter Physics Series Intro - #1 Smarter Every Day 45by SmarterEveryDay 513,658 views
- 2:37 Just Nuts - Smarter Every Day 44by SmarterEveryDay 80,709 views
- 1:57 Triggerfish - Smarter Every Day 4by SmarterEveryDay 232,217 views
- 5:12 Helicopter Physics Series - #2 Chopper Control - Smarter Every Day 46by SmarterEveryDay 481,972 views
- 4:01 Chicken Powered Steadicam - Smarter Every Dayby SmarterEveryDay 457,679 views
- Loading more suggestions...