Vegetarian to Vegan - A Presentation by Sarah Taylor, MBA
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 27, 2012
Upgraded version at http://youtu.be/Cn8VRI2z8bQ (pause this one first)
*** Please note that this video contains some graphic video showing animal abuse in processing plants. ***
Sarah Taylor, the "Vegan Next Door", gives the very good health and ethical reasons for vegetarians who are asking, " Why should I give up dairy and egg products, too?", as well as specific tips to make the change to a healthier lifestyle both easy and pleasurable.
Sarah reviews the research linking animal protein and dairy consumption to breast cancer, prostate cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis and auto-immune disease, and the ground-breaking work done by T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., Caldwell Esselstyn, M.D., and Joel Fuhrman, M.D. She describes the psychologically and physically debilitating treatment, as well as the crowded, dirty conditions which the vast majority of laying hens endure throughout their lives in factory farms, often even those labeled as "cruelty-free" or "cage-free".
For those inspired to switch to a healthier lifestyle, Sarah offers welcome information on pleasing taste buds used to dairy cheeses and milk, and issues her own 30-day vegan challenge!
A vegan since 2002, Sarah Taylor is the creator of the popular blog "The Vegan Next Door", and the author of "Vegan in 30 Days", as well as the new book "Vegetarian to Vegan". A graduate of the University of Washington, with an MBA from Seattle University, she also holds a Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from Cornell University, and is on the faculty of the Nutritional Education Institute. She has worked as a Motivational Trainer for Joel Fuhrman, M.D., the author of the authoritative plant-based "Eat to Live", and has been interviewed for countless radio and Internet shows, including NPR, PBS and EarthSave Radio, among others. She lives with her husband Mark and many pets in Gig Harbor, Washington. Among her many other activities, she plays competitive tennis, and is an active board member of Leilani Farm Sanctuary, a haven for rescued farm animals in Haiku, Maui.
Videography and editing by William Harris, M.D., on January 21, 2012 at McCoy Pavilion, Ala Moana Beach Park, Honolulu, Hawaii
Sponsored by: Vegetarian Society of Hawaii http://www.vsh.org
Standard YouTube License
- 1:51:19 Debate: Should Everyone Go Vegan?by VeganAtheist Featured 29,231
- 59:20 "Arthritis: A Natural Approach" - Steve Blake Sc.D.by vshvideo5,232 views
- 59:18 "The Dangerous Truth About Protein" - Janice Stanger, Ph.D.by vshvideo17,621 views
- 59:12 An Introduction to Carnismby vshvideo3,284 views
- 58:42 The Search for Truth ...Plants, Animals, and Human Healthby vshvideo2,115 views
- 1:16:34 40 Year Vegan Dies of a Heart Attack! Why? The Omega-3 and B12 Myth with Dr. Michael Gregerby Michael Lanfield Raw Vegan Fruitarian141,363 views
- 58:25 The Men Who Made Us Fat ''Episode 1/3''by Patrick Oort276,931 views
- 52:45 Colleen Patrick-Goudreau: From Excuse-itarian to Veganby PacificVegan43,049 views
- 1:01:17 Fork Over Knives - Panel Discussionby BostonMOS100,367 views
- 59:14 "THE POWER OF PLANT FOODS in ANTI-AGING & LIFESTYLE MEDICINE" By Dr. John Westerdahlby John Westerdahl22,043 views
- 1:29:28 Sugar: The Bitter Truthby University of California Television (UCTV)4,049,343 views
- 1:02:26 Jack Norris: Vegan Nutrition - What does the science say?by PacificVegan14,096 views
- 39:48 The Last Heart Attack - CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta- Full Documentaryby Chinesehealthfitnes123,912 views
- 1:13:52 Colin Campbell Lectureby Steve Henwood27,545 views
- 58:14 Basic Nutrition : What Diet Is Right for You?by vshvideo10,799 views
- 1:10:51 101 Reasons to Go Vegan - ARFFby GazeMeShoes174,561 views
- 57:37 Why Vegan? Lessons From An Animal Scientistby vshvideo78,223 views
- 59:12 "The Diet Wars:The Time for Unification Is Now"- John McDougall, M.D.by vshvideo17,569 views
- 59:35 Are Humans Designed To Eat Meat?by vshvideo154,586 views
- 36:48 WHAT TO EAT by Ann Esselstynby madeline yakimchuk21,596 views
- Loading more suggestions...