American Cancer Society Joins 'Million Moms Challenge'
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 6, 2012
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) ATLANTA, GA - December 19, 2011 - Although largely preventable through early detection, cervical cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women in developing countries, where more than 85 percent of the estimated 529,800 cervical cancer cases worldwide in 2008 occurred. While cervical cancer screening rates have decreased by as much as 65 percent over the past four decades due to screening, incidence rates remain high in developing countries in Central and South America, the Caribbean, sub-Saharan Africa, and Southern Asia where girls and women do not have access to prevention services such as education, HPV vaccination and life-saving pre-cancer screening and early treatment.
The American Cancer Society has joined ABC News and the United Nations Foundation in the recently launched Million Moms Challenge (www.millionmomschallenge.com ), an initiative aimed at connecting millions of American women with millions of moms in developing countries and raising awareness of maternal issues such as pregnancy, childbirth, children's health and moms' health worldwide. As the world's leading voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society lends its expertise and resources to the Million Moms Challenge to raise awareness about cervical cancer, a leading cause of death among women worldwide and a disease that affects maternal health, especially in developing countries.
The American Cancer Society combines an unyielding passion with nearly a century of experience to save lives and end cancer for good. As a global grassroots force of three million volunteers, we fight for every birthday threatened by every cancer in every community. We save lives by helping you stay well by preventing cancer or detecting it early, helping you get well by being there for you during and after a diagnosis, by finding cures through groundbreaking discovery and fighting back through public policy. As the nation's largest non-governmental investor in cancer research, contributing more than $3.5 billion, we turn what we know about cancer into what we do. As a result, more than 11 million people in America who have had cancer and countless more who have avoided it will be celebrating birthdays this year. To learn more about us or to get help, call us anytime, day or night, at 1-800-227-2345 or visit cancer.org.
The Million Moms Challenge is part of an ABC News year-long global health series "Be the Change: Save a Life," which is sponsored in part by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. For more information about the Million Moms Challenge visit www.millionmomschallenge.com or facebook.com/millionmomschallenge. To get involved in the conversation about healthy moms and babies around the world, follow @AMillionMoms on Twitter and use the hash-tag #AMillionMoms. Watch for the Diane Sawyer primetime special on maternal health airing December 16th.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:01 Pre Natal Yogaby kasa92 views
- 2:12 Fukushima parents fear for children's healthby AFP news agency2,129 views
- 6:56 Every Cancer Can be Cured in Weeks explains Dr. Leonard Coldwellby iHealthTube.com1,027,599 views
- 1:44 Women's Wellness Conference 2012 - Register Here...by rof100199 views
- 13:04 Infowars Nightly News - Merck Scientist Admitted Live SV40, AIDS, CANCER Viruses in Vaccines 1_2!by wannaberichlikeme5,630 views
- 10:36 Hedley's interview on how air pollution impacts children healthby CleanAirNetwork1,883 views
- 4:12 New Drama Promotes Women's Rights in Mexico: Video Trailerby 3BL Media782 views
- 6:19 Bicarbonato de Sodio con Limón para el Cáncer!by Roberto Benítez Melgar1,066,521 views
- 2:11 Cancer patient receives new therapy: cancer killing virusby Biotechgirl28,314 views
- 1:22 New options becoming available for children's health care in U.S.by Consumer InsuranceGuide85 views
- 10:53 The American Cancer Society Scandal Sucksby Kelley Eidem18,935 views
- 13:01 31 Midwives from Afghanistan gather for capacity building training in Alexandria, Egypt.flvby USAIDEgypt1129 views
- 57:39 Sin acidez humoral no hay cáncerby Jose Calderón181,374 views
- 48:28 Maternal and Child Health 101by ColoHealthEnviron3,899 views
- 10:29 Million Mom March Truth Serum Part 1by nakedshoplifter7,938 views
- 17:16 100 Science Experiments You Can Do at Home Compilationby CrazyRussianHacker497,423 views
- 7:44 50 Science Misconceptions - mental_floss on YouTube (Ep.18)by Mental Floss1,385,668 views
- 11:53 AAFS: Breast Cancer Awareness in the Arab American Communityby AAFSIL905 views
- 5:15 2013 Relay For Lifeby VBRelay2,788 views
- 10:13 Teen Pregnancy in Americaby ABC News193,936 views
- Loading more suggestions...