"His Nickname Is George W. Obama": Leading Climate Change Denier Embraces US Stance at COP17
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 8, 2011
www.democracynow.org - On Wednesday, a group of climate change deniers praised the Obama administration's refusal to support an extension of the Kyoto Protocol or an agreement on binding emissions cuts. Democracy Now! caught up to Marc Morano, publisher of the Climate Depot, at the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Durban, South Africa. "They [the Obama administration] have kept the exact same principles and negotiating stance as President George Bush did for eight years," Morano says. "Obama has carried on Bush's legacy. So as skeptics, we tip our hat to President Obama in helping to crush and continuing to defeat the United Nations process. Obama has been a great friend of global warming skeptics at these conferences." Democracy Now! gets a response from Pablo Solon, Bolivia's former ambassador to the United Nations and former chief negotiator on climate change, and from Patrick Bond, a South African climate activist, professor and author.
To watch the complete daily, independent news hour, read the transcript, download the podcast, and for more reports from the U.N. Climate Change Conference in Durban, visit http://www.democracynow.org/tags/durb...
FOLLOW DEMOCRACY NOW! ONLINE:
Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/democracynow
Download the Audio: http://www.soundcloud.com/officialdem...
Daily Email News Digest: http://www.democracynow.org/subscribe
Please consider supporting independent media by making a donation to Democracy Now!
today, visit http://www.democracynow.org/donate/YT
Standard YouTube License
- 7:33 "I'm Scared For My Future": Student Disrupts Speech By US Climate Envoy Todd Stern in Durbanby democracynow8,377 views
- 17:33 Journalist Nomi Prins Reports on Jon Corzine Congressional Testimony Over MF Global Collapseby democracynow3,978 views
- 21:42 Seymour Hersh: Propaganda Used Ahead of Iraq War Now Being Reused Over Iran's Nuke Programby democracynow12,076 views
- 18:41 Greenpeace's Kumi Naidoo: From Anti-Apartheid Activist to Leading Voice for Climate Justiceby democracynow641 views
- 1:30:20 Jeremy Scahill on Democracy Now! - Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield [Both parts in one]by CryingWolf5721,023 views
- 20:07 Eurozone Woes Result from Dysfunctional Systems - Professor Richard D Wolff on Democracy Now!by RichardDWolff1,335 views
- 19:32 Thom Hartmann on "The Crash of 2016: The Plot to Destroy America—and What We Can Do to Stop It"by democracynow6,123 views
- 26:39 ClimateGate, Cooling and Hotheads, Oh My!by TCCTV451 views
- 10:43 Left on the Cutting Room Floor: Climate Depot's Marc Morano Takes on ABC News' Dan Harrisby DronetekPolitics456 views
- 14:29 DN! Fatima Bhutto (1) on Pakistan - Democracy Now Amy Goodmanby StartLoving32,080 views
- 11:06 Steve Bridges - As George W. Bush with George W. Bush!by kmprod11,200,339 views
- 12:55 Newt Gingrich Broke A Federal Statute When He Said He Would Nominate Jon Bolton Secretary Of Stateby MOXNEWSd0tC0M2,836 views
- 5:55 Romney Obama Attack Ad Exposes Mainstream Mediaby The Young Turks105,755 views
- 3:43 George Bush on Global Warming - Spoof by Will Ferrellby buzzpal2,009,233 views
- 9:19 Jon Stewart Open Fire Obama and Mayor Rob Ford - To day (14th November 2013)by New Update With More Detaile787,668 views
- 4:05 George Bush on Voting - Spoof by Will Ferrellby buzzpal293,348 views
- 27:59 Is Edward Snowden a Hero? A Debate With Journalist Chris Hedges & Law Scholar Geoffrey Stoneby democracynow117,638 views
- 8:48 Climate Change: George W. Bush Suppressed and Distorted Information on Global Warmingby financialclips211 views
- 47:57 Obama: The 2.0 Dictatorby TheAlexJonesChannel36,239 views
- 3:15 Newt Gingrich talks Climate Change in 2007by Andrew Kaczynski3,110 views
- Loading more suggestions...