End Facebook Promoted Posts
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Streamed live on Oct 6, 2012
Until recently there was an inadequate amount of time and data to determine what effect "Promoted Posts" would have on businesses and Facebook Business Pages. Now that I have a clear view of exactly what this so called "New Feature" has done to my posts along with thousands of other pages and businesses posts. With that said pages are getting a record low number of views and egagement on posts and pages.
Since the release of promoted posts Facebook has incorporated algorythms that limit the number of news feeds that see a businesses or a pages posts. Now to get your businesses posts in more newsfeeds of your fans you have to "Promote" your posts.
Now here is the kicker, sure any business has the ability to promote their pages posts. But keep this in mind most businesses on average make an average of 3 posts on Facebook per day, sure some a few more and others a few less but the average is 3. Now Facebook is charging between $5 and $15 to promote your posts. That depends on the number of your fans you want to reach. Hold your breath it gets even better. Even if you pay the maximum amount of $15 not all of your fans will get your post in their timeline. OUCH!!!
Moving on if the average business posts 3 times a day at an average of even $10 in a years time that is $10,080. Herre is another tidbit of information for you to chew on the majority of business pages on Facebook are considered small businesses. According to Wkipedia "Small businesses are normally privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships. What constitutes "small" in terms of government support and tax policy varies by country and by industry, ranging from fewer than 15 employees under the Australian Fair Work Act 2009 Small businesses can also be classified according to other methods such as sales, assets, or net profits."
If someone as elected to like a page or become a fan of that page they should have a pages post in their newsfeed. The majority of people that like a page for whaever reason like seeing the content the liked page posts which in part may be why they clicked the like button anyway.
With promoted posts Facebook has cut the amount of people seeing posts made by facebook pages by nearly as much as 50% and now most pages are only seeing an average of 3% of their fans engaged in the posts they make which also means even less are seeing their posts.
Why would Facebook do this you ask?
The clear reason is unknown to me at this point but I do know that with the "Promoted Posts" function Facebook forcing/punishing small businesses and Facebook business pages to do it.
Alone I cant stop Facebook from this corruption and injust act against small businesses and their pages but with your help we can make our voices heard loud and clear. And no signing this petition wont garuntee that Facebook eliminates "Promoted Posts" but we have to start somewhere.
You can sign this petition at http://www.change.org/petitions/mark-...
Thank you all for the support!
Standard YouTube License
- 20:14 5 Levels of Facebook Page Admins | Facebook Schedule Posts | Facebook Promoted Postsby Splash Media708 views
- 18:22 Split Tin Bread Part 1by classycateringc63 views
- 14:54 5 Mistakes To Avoid With Facebook Marketingby Jodi Patfield122 views
- 9:51 Explode Your (Advocare) Business Using Effective Facebook Marketing Strategiesby AdvocareMarketing5,842 views
- 5:33 Exposing Facebook's Promote Post Featureby definitelyblog620 views
- 17:50 Kentucky Hot Brown Part 1by classycateringc23 views
- 15:46 Split Tin Bread Part 2by classycateringc36 views
- 12:52 Episode #325: Facebook Promoted Posts Review After 2 Weeksby Eli the Computer Guy2,613 views
- 3:57 FaceBook Promote Buttonby Donna Stewart345 views
- 6:28 Facebook Paid Status Updates How to Use Itby Michelle Pescosolido671 views
- 12:05 Affiliate Cash Snipers Review - the QUICK & DIRTY....by ComBlackOpsSpec1,406 views
- 5:37 How To Promote A Post on Facebook To Generate Leadsby LuSundra Everett1,196 views
- 14:50 Commission Commando: Affiliate Marketing Secrets REVEALED!by savingshighwayman1,541 views
- 8:13 Facebook Now Charges PER STATUS UPDATE!by Mark Dice11,054 views
- 5:34 Have 60 Facebook fans but a Reach of only 29, why? 1 Min. Marketing Tip on Facebook Edge Rankby boxcarmarketing210 views
- 23:43 How to Get Cheap Facebook Adsby Douglas Lim15,380 views
- 3:26 Two Ways to Promote Facebook Status Updatesby Michelle Pescosolido1,586 views
- 6:26 How to Post ads on Facebook for FREE!by Tommy Feist71,993 views
- 5:46 Facebook Advertising Update With Internet Millionaire Jeff Usnerby Jeff Usner2,199 views
- 12:34 Are Facebook Promoted Posts worth it?by thegrandmamaryshow2,713 views
- Loading more suggestions...