Asset Management software helps create World-Class Services
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 8, 2013
Download our fleet management whitepaper here: http://ibm.co/14EdpQj
Yarra Trams tracks 91,000 assets with IBM Maximo Asset Management predicting problems before they occur.
TRANSCRIPT: One of our biggest challenges in Yarra is the aging workforce.
There have been a number of disparate systems running the maintenance, everything from things like SAP and Bond and other fragmented systems, but also lots of Excel spreadsheets, Access databases, and even pencil and paper and a lot of knowledge inside some of our aging workforce's brain.
So with Maximo, we've been able to try and capture this knowledge, convert those Excel spreadsheets and random databases into a much more structured process with the knowledge embedded into Maximo.
Now one of our most recent initiatives is making Maximo mobile. So we've now equipped a large amount of the workforce across rolling stock and infrastructure with mobile tablets.
With E-class tram, it will come to the depot, download the data with Wi-Fi, and almost immediately will have data available about any potential faults that might be about to occur.
At Yarra Trams, we've recently scored a brand new SCADA system, which SCADA supplies the power to all the networks. That's really a mission critical system. And that system now has sensors in it so that it's automatically real time looking for problems on the network, and those problems are now being fed into Maximo to automatically create work orders so we can be as proactive as possible in maintaining that network.
Our key performance indicators that we report both to the government -- but also, more importantly, to our passengers -- are our service delivery and our punctuality. So our service delivery is how many services we deliver, and our target is 98 percent, and we've been achieving 98.7 percent, even with the challenges of the aging infrastructure.
Secondly is our punctuality, and we share the road network with other users and cars and congestion, so we're having increasing problems as congestion is increasing in Melbourne. But we're very excited about being able to achieve just over 80 percent or 80.02 against a target of 77 percent.
Smarter Physical Infrastructure at Yarra Trams enables us to monitor things in real time and try to predict problems before they occur and get ahead of the curve.
Standard YouTube License
- 19:38 IBM Maximo Integrators for TRIRIGA 1.1by ibmservicemanagement979 views
- 3:43 Overview of End-To-End Asset Managementby ibmservicemanagement735 views
- 9:50 Asset Management in Manufacturing: Status Updateby ibmservicemanagement243 views
- 2:52 Melbourne Airport - Enterprise Asset Management & IT Service Management convergence journeyby ibmservicemanagement402 views
- 51:56 An Asset Management Tool for a Shoestring Budgetby MFOAOntario441 views
- 24:27 IBM General Mgr. Manoj Saxena discusses the future of IBM Watsonby IBM Enterprise Conference1,750 views
- 18:49 Maintenance Management Systems: Work Reporting and Evaluationby PublicResourceOrg931 views
- 12:32 IBM TRIRIGA Facilities Management Overviewby ibmTRIRIGA2,623 views
- 21:40 Miles vs. Watson: The Complete Man Against Machine Showdownby PBS NewsHour164,805 views
- 2:32 Have you ever seen an atom?by nature video284,801 views
- 24:10 Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQby IBM SupportTV36,693 views
- 17:46 Jeopardy IBM Watson Episode-2 HDby The Fluidic52,452 views
- 6:32 Saturday Night Lives Jeopardy skit w/Willferrellby Andrew B48,381 views
- 3:45 SCADA Integrationby gisincorporated672 views
- 20:21 IBM Cognos Insight: An excellent overview of this breakthrough product for personal analytics!by AnalyticsZone at IBM9,330 views
- 19:12 Jeopardy! - Watson Game 2by gameshowvideos57,117 views
- 19:02 Jeopardy IBM Watson Episode-3 HDby The Fluidic52,424 views
- 33:21 BSP Webinar: IBM Cognos 10 - Active Reportsby BSPSoftware20,116 views
- 18:27 Thomas Horn on Jeopardy Kids Week 2010by Kent R.200,816 views
- 54:40 LPA - Introducing IBM Cognos 10.2 Dynamic Cubesby LPASystems6,510 views
- Loading more suggestions...