Jessica's "Daily Affirmation" - FIXED
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 17, 2011
(New version fixing an issue in the original that "squishes" the picture a bit.)
Jessica has a day where she's feeling ... really good about her life. (December 2001)
T-shirts available: http://bit.ly/bcweej
++++FAQ for this video ++++
Q: How old was Jess at the time of the video?
A: She'd turned 4 about 6 weeks before the video was shot.
Q: How old is she now?
A: Depends on when you're reading this, but she was born in late October of 1997.
Q: What does she say at the beginning?
A: Though some claim they hear the word "assert" - as in assertive - she's actually saying I can be a "shark" - but it sounds like "sark" because she was incapable of making "sh" sounds at this time.
Q: Are you sure she's not saying "I can be a SARK?" Her daily affirmations are consistent with the teachings of the author SARK.
A: This is an interesting coincidence, but a coincidence nonetheless.
Q: Does she say, "I like my 'elephants'?"
A: More than one person has thought that, but she's actually saying I like my "Allisons." Allison is her aunt.
Q: Does Jess have more than one mom? She says I like my "moms."
A: No, she just has one mom and one dad (me.) For some reason she was "pluralizing" several things in her "like list." That's why she says "Allisons" and "cousins" (she only has one.)
Q: What does she say at the 22 second mark?
A: I really don't know, though I do have a theory now: this video was taken right around Christmas-time, and it ALMOST sounds like she's saying "I like my presents." So that's what I think it is - but I could be wrong.
Q: Did she do this affirmation every day?
A. Yes, until the age of seven. ... Just kidding. :-) I think this was a day when the video camera was out, so there was an element of "putting on a show" - but Jessica still meant every word. Though she may have been hamming it up a bit, she was sincere in the things she was saying.
VIDEO MILESTONES FOR THE *ORIGINAL VIDEO* (for those interested in stats):
- 6/16/09: video is uploaded
- 5/1/10: less than 5,000 views
- 5/21/10: views hit 1,000,000
- 5/26/10: views hit 2,000,000
- 6/16/10: views hit 3,000,000
- 8/20/10: views hit 4,000,000
- 10/15/10: views hit 5,000,000
- 12/22/10: views hit 6,000,000
Standard YouTube License
- 4:35 Smartest 2 Year Old Ever!by melaniew1977's channelFeatured 9,586,633
- 8:22 Beth Moore on Quiet Timesby Fremont Presbyterian Church Media 3,225 views
- 13:16 Positive Affirmations - Meditation Part 1by thereachapproach 24,884 views
- 8:09 HILARIOUSLY AWESOME DANCE 3 by Carroll Senior Powderpuff Cheerleadersby davidsondavidson99's channel 2,028,461 views
- 3:04 Re: Jessica's "Daily Affirmation"by Bonnie Reisland 2,989 views
- 0:46 5 year old needs a job before getting married - funny!by Anna Graceman - Official YouTube 11,962,927 views
- 0:37 Jessica Decides to Skip Ages 3-5by The Jess and Ness Channel 133,149 views
- 1:39 Jessica's "Daily Affirmation" (English Subtitle)by Carl CS 8,682 views
- 1:55 Hari Kondabolu on "Racism vs. White Guilt"by WORLD Channel 54,622 views
- 0:28 Baby fast asleep, until her favourite song comes on :)by Selahattin Aslan 42,429 views
- 3:10 How to Pick Up a Chicken: How-To with Annika, Ep. 1by Bare Tribe 48,343 views
- 0:09 Jessica and the "Pillow Bomb"by dmchatster 369,318 views
- 4:02 The Baby Sisterby epoddle 43,630 views
- 4:48 Electric Feel (MGMT Cover) - Josie Charlwood - BOSS RC-30 & TC-Helicon VoiceLive2by Josie Charlwood - BehindThoseEyes13 666,413 views
- 7:11 The Lion King Just can't wait to be king HDby wetrzwqgrh csatornája 4,670,452 views
- 2:29 Feel Good Affirmation Video (REPEAT OFTEN)by MGirlTeamJess 1,224 views
- 0:48 Jessica meets Vanessa, and assures her she's fine.by dmchatster 924,091 views
- 2:38 O Fortuna Misheard Lyrics (Animated)by FamishedMammal 3,879,885 views
- 4:32 Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts (Official Music Video)by lovemspenny 98,515,569 views
- 1:05 Jess & Ness and the First Day of Schoolby The Jess and Ness Channel 10,404 views
- Loading more suggestions...