Trossen Robotics Shop Talk # 2
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 31, 2012
We're constantly talking about new technologies, products and media that relate to robotics. Now, we've decided to let you in on the conversation, and to take a peek at the things that are piquing our interest.
Here's what we covered in this session:
(0:47)First Andrew talked about the MX DYNAMIXEL robot actuators, including their history, features and why he loves them so much.
(7:44) Andrew went on to talk about the amazing new DYNAMIXEL PRO Robot Actuators. These new powerful and precise actuators are are designed for full-scale robots. With up to 4x the torque of the current most powerful DYNAMIXEL, these servos have everyone at Trossen Robotics very excited. These actuators will be available in 2013, and you can get more information here
(16:27) Matt and Andrew went on to talk about ROBOTIS and why they're so successful. They also shared some stories of their trip to South Korea (19:35) and some rarely seen footage of the trip.
(23:10) In the Sneak Peak section, they showed off some of our products that are currently in the pipeline. Matt showed off a new mobile robotics platform based on the Budget Bot. However, this platform uses the Arbotix RoboController and will have a built in robotic arm, making it an amazing mobile research platform. Andrew showed off the two new MX based Robotic Arms that Trossen Robotics will be releasing. These arms use the MX-28 and MX-64 DYNAMIXEL servos, making them our most powerful and smooth arms to date. They also gave us a look at a new joystick control panel for controlling our robotic arms.
(28:54)Matt gave shout outs to both All Electronics and Alltronics, two great places for sourcing electronic parts and components. Andrew gave a shout out to American Science and Surplus, a Chicago based surplus store that has everything from military supplies to electronic components. He also mentioned Mech Warfare Warrior Ryan Lowerr and his projects, including his ATMEL based tracking system
(31:31)For this week's Tips and Tricks, Matt shared tips about weights, both for testing load capacities on our robots, and for weighing down arms and cameras. Andrew showed us how to make a quick experimenter's power supply with a computer power supply, and where to go once you need even more amperage.
Standard YouTube License
- 23:55 Trossen Robotics Shop Talk # 3by trossenrobotics625 views
- 33:26 Trossen Robotics Shop Talk #1by trossenrobotics1,055 views
- 10:46 Inside Adam Savage's Cave: Awesome Robot Spider!by Tested87,183 views
- 4:34 Custom Roboticsby www.Inspectorbots.com52,671 views
- 40:18 How Robots Will Change the World - BBC Documentaryby supecx macol1,177,995 views
- 2:08 Dynamixel Pro Arm with Lightsaberby MrB18957Kuros316 views
- 2:25:20 Зазнобин 2012 Конфликт интересов в России и миреby mediamera16,681 views
- 1:02 PhantomX Reactor Armby trossenrobotics3,310 views
- 0:55 Unboxing Our First Dynamixel Pro!by trossenrobotics1,020 views
- 10:38 Robot Bootcamp Episode 2: Controllersby trossenrobotics2,004 views
- 3:49 DYNAMIXEL Pro Demoby ROBOTISCHANNEL537 views
- 2:07 Bioloid Premium Robot Armby trossenrobotics1,190 views
- 3:53 ScorpionX Robotic Arm Previewby trossenrobotics2,432 views
- 3:27 New Dynamixel MX Series Servos Pack a Powerful Punchby trossenrobotics5,681 views
- 3:43 Neurotikart II: rear axle preassemblyby wires9984,898 views
- 2:29 Dynamixel Position Feedback Demoby trossenrobotics9,628 views
- 2:48 JazzOS Powered Robot Arms Playing Tic-Tac-Toeby Pernetics551 views
- 2:22 THOR: Tactical Hazardous Operations Robotby Dennis Hong5,938 views
- 14:16 RGi-AWC-1 Full Over Viewby roboticsgroup569 views
- 0:27 Pro Tip #2458by trossenrobotics1,185 views
- Loading more suggestions...