Contraception and Conscience: A Broader Focus
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 1, 2012
This panel is part of Contraception and Conscience: A Symposium on Religious Liberty, Women's Health, and the HHS Rule on Provision of Birth Control Coverage for Employees, a conference examining the legal, theological, health, equality, and ethical issues relating to the recent Rule promulgated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on "Coverage of Preventive Services Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act."
The symposium brought together legal, religious, and cultural scholars and practitioners for a day-long conversation about the increasingly contentious public debate surrounding the HHS Rule requiring employers to subsidize preventive health services for employees, the religious accommodations in the HHS rule, and the lawsuits filed by religious objectors challenging the rule.
For more on this event, visit: http://bit.ly/TOpHCe
For more on the Berkley Center, visit: http://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu
How and why did this particular issue engender such concern and controversy? What are the historical antecedents? What does it tell us about how religious communities and institutions (especially those involved in provision of education and social services) can and should navigate rapidly changing norms in the public square? What are the implications of this debate for preventive health services? For women's equality in the workplace and elsewhere in public life? What are the ethical implications for physicians and other health-care providers?
Gregg Bloche, Georgetown University Law Center
Tracy Fessenden, Arizona State University
Eduardo Peñalver, Cornell University Law School
Robin West, Georgetown University Law Center
Robin Fretwell Wilson, Washington & Lee University School of Law
The conference was co-sponsored by the Georgetown University Law Center and the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs at Georgetown University. It was made possible through a grant from the Ford Foundation.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:25:39 Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? Christian vs Muslim (William Lane Craig vs Shabir Ally)by drcraigvideos78,866 views
- 1:42:17 Contraception and Conscience: The Burden on Religious Exerciseby Berkley Center467 views
- 1:36:12 CIA WhistleBlower Susan Lindauer EXPOSES Everything! "Extreme Prejudice"by amy2x .1,341,441 views
- 1:39:42 Vatican Secrets EXPOSED! Jordan Maxwell | in5d.comby in5d803,379 views
- 1:17:11 Introduction to Property Theory by Gregory Alexander and Eduardo Peñalverby Cornell Law Library394 views
- 1:43:04 Contraception and Conscience: The Legal Challenges to the HHS Contraception Ruleby Berkley Center331 views
- 1:31:22 Debate: Atheist vs Muslim (Christopher Hitchens vs Tariq Ramadan)by VeganAtheist273,600 views
- 1:39:20 Is Islam a Religion of Peace?by Tariq Ramadan75,991 views
- 50:02 Radhanath Swami and Dr. Cornel West - 1by meropal81,393 views
- 13:33 EL SER UNO - El Despertar de la Concienciaby El Ser Uno69,894 views
- 1:01:30 Charles Marsh: Redeeming the Soul of America? Bonhoeffer, M.L. King, & the Engaged Scholarby johndanforthcenter196 views
- 1:27:26 Unmarried Couples, Law, and Public Policy by Cynthia Bowmanby Cornell Law Library208 views
- 3:01:36 The Poverty Tour 2.0 - Alexandria, Virginiaby TavisTalks567 views
- 35:02 The Problem of the Postsecularby UniversityofRichmond199 views
- 1:07:21 Law's Virtues: Fostering Autonomy and Solidarity in American Societyby Berkley Center186 views
- 7:05 America Is Not A Democracy - Noam Chomskyby moriquenta112,582 views
- 10:16 The Silent Scream, Part 3by pbryars145,275 views
- 4:14 Christopher Hitchens Interview on Red Eye - May 12 2007by OFUMedia203,223 views
- 2:03:32 El Despertar de la Conciencia Biológica - Enric Corberaby LA CAJA DE PANDORA290,401 views
- 9:46 Christopher Hitchens on Hannity & Colmes about Rev. Falwell's Deathby Berkeley Man1,598,729 views
- Loading more suggestions...