Lego Hello World
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 27, 2010
"Lego felt tip 110" printer connected to an Apple Mac. This is not mindstorms, I designed/built/coded it all from scratch including analog motor electronics, sensors and printer driver, the USB interface uses a "wiring" board.
FAQ: Track name? "Christopher and Raphael just popper Shinichi Osawa distortion disco edit"
FAQ: How long did this take? Hard to say, maybe 3 weeks working evenings.
FAQ: You're a student and this is a university project? I'm not a student, this is just a hobby project.
FAQ: Just a remake of the 1092a? No, I'd never seen the 1092a until now. However some of the parts came from a 8094 kit amongst others many years ago. It is made to my own design, but I acknolwedge influences and the great work of the official lego designers !
FAQ: Does this use mindstorms? Nope, wiring demo board + homemade analog electronics and sensors.
FAQ: DPI? Dots per inch? Approx 75 DPI
FAQ: PPM? Pages per minute? Not even 1! I sped things up a little in the video editing to keep it interesting to watch :)
FAQ: Helvetica? Yes of course, my respect to those who noticed :)
FAQ: Full color version/more colours? Originally I was going to do 3 colour version, but I had to simplify as only have 4 lego motors.
FAQ: Open source, schematics etc? Sorry this took a while:
FAQ: Wrote your own driver? Yes, uses standard Mac OS print mechanism.
FAQ: Are you using some sort of MCU demo board(the black pcb)? Yes.  http://wiring.org.co/hardware/
FAQ: re: Mac vs PC abuse? Video not meant as a Mac advert and I'm sorry if the Apple logo offends anyone. I just find them easier to use.
FAQ: Felt tip damage drying up? Yes this is a problem, but one felt tip usually lasts for quite a few pages.
FAQ: Felt tip auto-capping? Nope, sorry.
FAQ: Sensor info: Horizontal positioning using homemade shaft encoder (black/white rotating lego squares you see in the vid) with a SY-CR102 photo reflector from Maplins, (only £0.89 or $1.30). This is into a sampled analog input as I couldn't get full enough saturation to trigger the ext interrupt pins. There are also push buttons built into lego bricks for left and right end stop detection.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Popper (Shinichi Osawa Distortion)" on
Christopher & Raphael Just
- 8:28 응사 - 아라와 정우의 아웅다웅 싸움 ..by Sonagi Rain Featured 170,881
- 9:01 lets play lego stunt rally part 1 - good old memoriesby thetoastbrotman1197,345 views
- 14:22 Lego City Episodes 1 2 and 3by 95tornadoes4,251,800 views
- 1:44 CD exploding 23.000 RPMby peppejam2,872,256 views
- 4:18 Mickey Doonaldsby hellocopturfilms9,271,947 views
- 4:58 Lady Antebellum - Baby, It's Cold Outside - Live - Today Showby LadyAWordDoc892,164 views
- 3:03 Lego Modern Warfare 3by Soldier59005,747,322 views
- 7:56 LEGO GBC 20 modules 【レゴ】 玉ころがしをつくってみたby akiyuky6,537,657 views
- 16:53 Lego Pirates of the Caribbean PSP Part 12by xSam016x630,956 views
- 41 videos Play all Ploter / Scannerby peretz36
- Entertainment Shopping 183 videos1K
- 4:06 LEGO Mindstorms Sudoku Solverby Hans Andersson1,760,249 views
- 4:50 Lego Schoolby MICHAELHICKOXFilms18,855,879 views
- 2:34 LEGO 3D Milling Machine - "3D Printer"by Arthur Sacek1,889,396 views
- 2:37 Lego Arcadeby MlCHAELHlCKOX5,924,224 views
- 2:57 Lego Antikythera Mechanismby nature video2,219,924 views
- 2:07 How To Make A Lego Wii and Xboxby LegoExtremeFilms544,614 views
- 2:04 Lego factory project v2.0 - Demonstration at LegoWorld 2010 (Zwolle, The Netherlands) - Teaser videoby Dryw Filtiarn293,633 views
- 1:33 Lego domino row building machineby Matthias Wandel1,840,174 views
- 2:21 Lego Mini Golfby guitarhero331131,743,518 views