This video is unavailable.
Lego Hello World
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 27, 2010
"Lego felt tip 110" printer connected to an Apple Mac. This is not mindstorms, I designed/built/coded it all from scratch including analog motor electronics, sensors and printer driver, the USB interface uses a "wiring" board.
FAQ: Track name? "Christopher and Raphael just popper Shinichi Osawa distortion disco edit"
FAQ: How long did this take? Hard to say, maybe 3 weeks working evenings.
FAQ: You're a student and this is a university project? I'm not a student, this is just a hobby project.
FAQ: Just a remake of the 1092a? No, I'd never seen the 1092a until now. However some of the parts came from a 8094 kit amongst others many years ago. It is made to my own design, but I acknolwedge influences and the great work of the official lego designers !
FAQ: Does this use mindstorms? Nope, wiring demo board + homemade analog electronics and sensors.
FAQ: DPI? Dots per inch? Approx 75 DPI
FAQ: PPM? Pages per minute? Not even 1! I sped things up a little in the video editing to keep it interesting to watch :)
FAQ: Helvetica? Yes of course, my respect to those who noticed :)
FAQ: Full color version/more colours? Originally I was going to do 3 colour version, but I had to simplify as only have 4 lego motors.
FAQ: Open source, schematics etc? Sorry this took a while:
FAQ: Wrote your own driver? Yes, uses standard Mac OS print mechanism.
FAQ: Are you using some sort of MCU demo board(the black pcb)? Yes.  http://wiring.org.co/hardware/
FAQ: re: Mac vs PC abuse? Video not meant as a Mac advert and I'm sorry if the Apple logo offends anyone. I just find them easier to use.
FAQ: Felt tip damage drying up? Yes this is a problem, but one felt tip usually lasts for quite a few pages.
FAQ: Felt tip auto-capping? Nope, sorry.
FAQ: Sensor info: Horizontal positioning using homemade shaft encoder (black/white rotating lego squares you see in the vid) with a SY-CR102 photo reflector from Maplins, (only £0.89 or $1.30). This is into a sampled analog input as I couldn't get full enough saturation to trigger the ext interrupt pins. There are also push buttons built into lego bricks for left and right end stop detection.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Popper (Shinichi Osawa Distortion Disco Edit)" on
Christopher & Raphael Just
- 2:37 Pacmanby QuigiboProductionsFeatured 2,845,610
- Lego Cinema 27 videos3K
- 14:22 Lego City Episodes 1 2 and 3by 95tornadoes 3,071,570 views
- 4:17 Mickey Doonaldsby hellocopturfilms 8,809,997 views
- 5 videos Play all Lego Adventuresby MlCHAELHlCKOX
- 3:03 Lego Modern Warfare 3by Soldier5900 5,229,793 views
- 2:34 LEGO 3D Milling Machine - "3D Printer"by Arthur Sacek 1,691,735 views
- 3:54 Lego F1-Raceby BeckyR13 1,810,706 views
- 4:41 Lego Wiiby Kooberz 6,751,068 views
- 14:26 The Lego Batman, Spider-Man, & Superman Movieby forrestfire101 15,453,609 views
- 2:07 How To Make A Lego Wii and Xboxby LegoExtremeFilms 512,551 views
- 6:48 LEGO 3661 Bank & Money Transferby nickname2002 4,734,656 views
- 1:04 LEGO ball shooterby akiyuky 687,465 views
- 7:56 LEGO GBC 20 modules 【レゴ】 玉ころがしをつくってみたby akiyuky 5,643,744 views
- 4:06 LEGO Mindstorms Sudoku Solverby Hans Andersson 1,601,156 views
- 2:57 Lego Antikythera Mechanismby nature video 2,147,449 views
- 1:57 Lego Weapon Storeby golfcrazenes18 6,715,300 views
- 4:26 LEGO D-DAY (Blender 2.46)by raptor5120 8,647,012 views
- 1:25 Lego MW3by sumkid101 2,675,324 views
- 2:41 Awesome LEGO creations !! Part-1(best sculptures!)by guitarnickplayer01 2,069,429 views
- 2:38 LEGO Sequential Gearbox (7+R) on a Bugatti Veyron 16.4by Conchinhas 1,356,380 views
- 2:24 Lego - The Force Unleashedby xxxfancypantsxxx 6,724,419 views
- Loading more suggestions...