Chuck Todd: If McCain Wins All Toss-Ups He Still Loses
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 2, 2008
Tom Brokaw with Chuck Todd on Meet the Press, 11/2/08.
Brokaw: And Chuck, what about voter turnout and especially the organization of the two campaigns getting their people to the polls?
Todd: Well, we're seeing a lot of the early voting, a lot of long lines that's made folks question whether Georgia, South Carolina could end up being much closer than people thought because of this surge among voters, particularly African-Americans. And of course we've watched everything that's been happening in Florida and North Carolina this weekend, Tom.
Brokaw: And why would John McCain be spending so much time in Pennsylvania and New Hampshire in the final weekend, Chuck?
Todd: Well, it's a simple math problem that he's got. Heres our columns here. Im going to put all of the current tossup states in McCain's column and watch his number as it grows right up here. If you move all of these states over, Indiana, North Dakota, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Florida, and Nevada -- you see the problem he's got. He's still at 252. 18 short. So what does that mean? If he pulls a Pennsylvania over, we see Obama goes done to 265, McCain gets his 273. Then you ask why New Hampshire? Thats the insurance policy. Nevada, a state that Obama right now has that narrow lead in, if that went to him, then McCain would need New Hampshire to get back over his 270. So it is the only path he's got left. They know this and that's why they had to figure out how to put Pennsylvania back in play. We don't know if it really is. We know he's spending a lot of time there and they had to figure out if New Hampshire, a state that's been incredibly kind to McCain's political career in the past, to see if it can resurrect him one more time.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:47 Brutally honest interview with Steve Schmidt - Palin "is filled with anger, has a divisive message"by PalinGrifter2012175,300 views
- 4:07 People emotional over Obama's win.by southsidetokyo135,666 views
- 8:23 Brian Williams and Chuck Todd discuss McCain-Palin interviewby Errington Thompson13,821 views
- 4:09 Election Night 2008 | Pennsylvania Goes to Obama. McCain Wins TN, OK, and SC.by 3003BG37,477 views
- 2:49 Romney-Obama Election Simulationby MrGodTube36,854 views
- 2:18 The Way McCain Can Still Win the Presidential Electionby GettingtotheTruth214,746 views
- 1:30:36 C-SPAN: Third 2008 Presidential Debate (Full Video)by C-SPAN2,566,505 views
- 5:03 Election Night 2008 | McCain Wins ND, WY, KS; Obama Wins New York, Michiganby 3003BG15,640 views
- 2:39 CNN: Palin Talks 2012, McCain Aide "Speechless"by buddyguy64251,971 views
- 1:36:44 C-SPAN: First 2008 Presidential Debate (Full Video)by C-SPAN1,774,000 views
- 1:13 Jon Stewart and John McCain laugh at Sarah Palin's expenseby SimplyShowBiz138,103 views
- 45:45 C-SPAN: Vice Presidential Candidate Gov. Sarah Palin (AK) Full Speech at the RNCby C-SPAN810,436 views
- 3:33 Projections: Currently, Obama Winning 77 to McCain's 34by GettingtotheTruth28,531 views
- 2:30 Emotional Moment on B.E.T. as Obama is Electedby FredFoothand438,475 views
- 8:16 Chris Matthews Election Night Coverageby Lipo39,846 views
- 1:03 Election Night 2008 | Obama Wins Ohioby 3003BG52,265 views
- 9:47 Chuck Todd & Tim Russert on Why It's Over For Hillaryby keithmsnbcer6,342 views
- 3:36 Clinton Wins Re-Election 1996 ElectionWallDotOrg.flvby electionwalldotorg13,773 views
- 7:13 KANYE WEST on OBAMA "Now he has to say our name to be cool"by HOT 97105,587 views
- 2:58 Ellen Degeneres Vs. John McCain: Gay Marriageby Chris Hanson4,407,215 views
- Loading more suggestions...