Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 15, 2008
They lie about the fares just as they lied about the treatment of these poor horses. Have a heart and enjoy NYC without funding cruelty. It is 34 dollars for 1/2 hour and not $50 dollars or $40 dollars. Also there is no tax on carriage rides and the charge is not based on the number of people
Please attend the City Council Consumer Affairs Committees public hearing on Councilman Avella's two bill concerning carriage horses, and consider providing two minutes worth of testimony in support of this humane legislation. The meeting is scheduled to take place on Friday, January 30, 2009, at 10:00 a.m. on the 2nd floor of City Hall
o animal - domestic or wild can have its' natural instincts and genetics wiped out no matter how hard humans try to do so for their own greed and appetite. Cows and horses and all other animals do not thrive when their basic needs and instincts are denied.
This is why there have been 21 NYC horse carriage accidents that we know of in the last 10 years. The horses were spooked and took flight into traffic. LAIM THERE IS NO EXTREMIST AGENDA, ONLY VERIFIABLE FACTS. Another convenient tactic used by the carriage industry and their supporters is to say that only a fringe group of activists and 1 NY councilman want the industry banned in NYC. LISTEN UP! THE ASPCA, which volunteers to oversee the industry with their admitted inadequate resources, supports a ban. The ASPCA states that THE INDUSTRY IS INHUMANE, and NYC CANNOT BE CHANGED TO MAKE IT HUMANE AND SAFE! In addition to Peta, the Humane Society and ASPCA, numerous other equine welfare groups support a ban.
The industry is always coming up with clever spin that is always devoid of fact. No thinking equine expert would call working in Times Square, walking up and down 9th Avenue from their stalls in warehouses through the severely congested traffic a humane experience for horses (prey flight animals). The horses are slammed between buses and cars with honking horns, exhaust fumes, and total chaos. This is not normal and fair to any animal even if one tries to rationalize that they are used to it. No feeling creature gets used to abuse. To add insult to injury they have NO turnout (area to walk freely, stretch, socialize as herd animals AKA horse play. They suffer joint problems from walking on concrete in the heat and cold (high humidity and chill factors are not factored in for horses despite the real effect it has on them) where the temperature is much hotter and colder than the air temperature. They have inadequate stalls sizes which prevent many of the horses from fully stretching out to sleep well and the horse who are housed above the first floor of the warehouses have no direct escape to the ground should their be a fire. The list goes on and on so LIAM GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU ROMANTIZE THIS INDUSTRY. As far as the industry losing approximately 400 jobs, oh please, this is life. We all must take responsibility for staying skilled and ready to evolve as industries evolve. They are not owed welfare just as other workers must take responsibility to stay talented, skilled and ready for new employment needs/trends. Health care, manufacturing, and IT employees just to mention a few- have all had to retool.
Listening to the industry and their supporters (celebrity or not) is like listening to the tobacco industry explain why smoking is safe while ignoring the American Medical Associations expert opinions.
AS WE EMBARK ON POSITIVE CHANGE AS A COUNTRY, WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE A NEW COMPASSIONATE AND SAFE "TRADITION"!
Standard YouTube License
- 2:22 NYC Stableby NYC Horse Drawn Carriages4,247 views
- 2:34 BLINDERS - Rent on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8B9GQ6/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_smIxsb0BSPQP6by Donny Moss58,850 views
- 2:22 Carriage horses in ice and snow stormby Donny Moss16,796 views
- 4:18 Life of a NYC Carriage Horse, Finbar, now retired for more than 10 years.by StopLiesSeeTruth4,069 views
- 4:24 Poor NYC Carriage Horsesby NYC Horse Drawn Carriages2,167 views
- 6:17 Cruelty and the Cityby NYC Horse Drawn Carriages2,966 views
- 3:45 Cantor André da Carruagem "Música Unja o Menor" Autor Felipe Santanaby bleno enrique15,575 views
- 4 videos Play all Overcharging for carriage ridesby PitytheHorses
- 8:21 ANDRÉ DA CARRUAGEM - ANIV. DO PR.WELLINGTON O FILHO DO FOGOby bleno enrique47,871 views
- 6:58 Central Park Carriage Horse Harness Set up( animal rights learning center) ban blinders.by StopLiesSeeTruth8,699 views
- 2:28 Animal RIGHTS MORON HASSLES NYC Carriage Drivers. Blinders off,see truth! Ban blinders, not horsesby StopLiesSeeTruth4,012 views
- 4:41 Horse Carriageby NYC Horse Drawn Carriages10,828 views
- 3:05 HORSE-DRAWN CARRIAGE BANby Jennifer Pham20,955 views
- 9:15 Funniest Horse Act Ever! Tommie Turvey and Pokerjoe!by equineextremist3,633,971 views
- 8:39 The Yorkshire (Carriage) Driving Clubby Anthony Greenwood8,130 views
- 1:50 NYC Abuses Horsesby NYC Horse Drawn Carriages1,522 views
- 2:26 Wheelchair Mother left behindby NYC Horse Drawn Carriages1,925 views
- 1:50 Carriage Drivers Tauntsby NYC Horse Drawn Carriages962 views
- 4:28 A day in the life of NYC carriage horsesby BanHDCarriages881 views
- 1:38 NYC Carriage Driverby NYC Horse Drawn Carriages1,604 views