THE GREAT CHANEL EYESHADOW QUESTION?!?!???
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 12, 2012
Don't let acne and blackheads ruin your Christmas. Try this 7 day program for ultra clear skin guaranteed: http://vid.io/x2z
Don't let acne and blackheads ruin your Christmas. Try this 7 day program for ultra clear skin guaranteed: http://vid.io/x2a
SUBSCRIBE TO WIN FREE MAKEUP!!!!
Please subscribe to my new chanel! From July onwards i will be posting one video a day on the new channel. I am in the process of filming reviews/demos etc... please subscribe.
I'm an ecumenical abuser. If something isn't right... i'm happy to say so. And in this case something is very wrong.
In the US the same eyeshadow quads hold 6g and cost $58 of product but over here in the UK they hold 1.2g and cost £37! For the same amount of product as the US have it would cost us £190!!!!! I'm not kidding! £190 for 6g of product! This is truly shocking!!!!
You notice on the back of both quads it says 1.2g NET WEIGHT. And on the US one it says 6g NET WEIGHT! or US NET WT. 0.24OZ and UK NET WT0.04OZ!
And remember if baked shadows weight less how come MAC baked eyeshadows are 2.2g for just a little more (money wise) than the none baked eyeshadows which are 1.5g!
Why aren't we getting the same amount? It can't be a quality issue? That would mean the quality was better here than in the US - which isn't the case. It can't be a money issue? So what is the issue? Shouldn't everyone - no matter the country - get the same amount of product for their money?
To make mattes even worse the eyeshadows in the US are MORE pigmented! Again, this cannot be a quality issue, so what is it?
Also, worth nothing. Baked shadows aren't any more expensive than "normal" eyeshadows and remember that most eyeshadows we buy have a mark up value of around10-500% I kid you not! The 120 palettes we see, depending on price have a mark up value of 1000% You read that right!
Picture taken from the beautiful http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/ - i urge you to check it out and follow - she is an amazing writer and a lovely lovely person too!
Other videos you might have missed!!!!
INSTANT SMOKEY EYE TUTORIAL!!!!
HOW TO: GET RID OF BLACKEHADS!!!!
HOW TO: KIM KARDASHIAN CONCEALER TECHNIQUE!!!!
HOW TO: MAKE PORES DISAPPEAR!!!!
HOW TO KNOW YOUR EYE SHAPE!!!!
KIM KARDASHAIN MAKEUP TUTORIAL - PLUS CONTOURING AND HIGHLIGHTING!!!!
E-MAIL FROM CHANEL
CHANEL wishes to provide further explanations concerning the two
formulae of the Quadra Eye Shadow and the Powder Blush.
CHANEL's iconic "Les 4 Ombres" Quadra Eye Shadow, and "Joues Contrastes"
Powder Blush, come in two formulae: a compact eyeshadow powder available
in the US and an exclusive baked powder available elsewhere in the
world. For the past 20 years, CHANEL's compact powder has been very
popular with our American customers and, as we are attentive to our
customers, we have continued to manufacture both formulae even if it
would be simpler to have just one formula for the entire world.
The difference in the weight of the two formulae is due to the fact that
two distinct manufacturing techniques are used and that ingredients
vary. The weight of each formula has been adapted so that both types of
eyeshadow and powder blush last the same length of time, regardless of
which version our customer purchases.
Baked powders and compact powders last for a similar length of time.
Contrary to what may have been written, the baked powders contain the
same pigment concentration as the compact powders. Interestingly, baked
powder eyeshadow is more versatile; it can be applied dry or wet to
create different looks and can also work as an eyeliner.
While i agree with some points - the eyeshadows (baked) can be used wet - but they never really "dry" back down to as they were before - before they were wet (but i'm told if you use the chanel applicators - this will not be a problem! They are different colours you know - one for dry one for wet!)
The point that was still missing however was the difference in blush size - Europe Vs USA. From what i can tell, the formula is the same - so i'm confused as to the weight issue. But i'm no expert.
However i am pleased to get a reply and i believe i will be speaking with or conversing with a lab technician so i can further understand the size/weight issues. I promise to keep you all informed.
And thank you to Chanel for e-mailing me.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:46 THE BASICS: THE MASCARA TIP YOU DON'T DO BUT SHOULDby gossmakeupartist Featured 266,214
- 8:33 FIVE AMAZING (SKIN CARE) PRODUCTS THAT REALLY WORK!!!!by gossmakeupartist212,425 views
- 6:06 CONTOUR AND HIGHLIGHT LIKE KIM KARDASHIAN - STEP BY STEPby gossmakeupartist4,775,613 views
- 5:48 KIM KARDASHIAN MAKEUP STORAGE UNITS!!!!by gossmakeupartist219,998 views
- 7:35 LILY COLLINS (MIRROR MIRROR) MAKEUP TUTORIAL!!!! - SUPER EASY!!!!by gossmakeupartist268,201 views
- 4:58 THE BEST SETTING SPRAYS - EVER!!!!by gossmakeupartist189,217 views
- 10:05 HOW TO: KIM KARDASHIAN CONCEALER/GLOW TUTORIALby gossmakeupartist4,417,282 views
- 13:50 JULY FAVOURITES 2012 WITH "MY GIRLFRIEND"!!!!by gossmakeupartist204,393 views
- 8:32 FIVE AMAZING (MAKEUP) PRODUCTS I LOVE!!!!by gossmakeupartist372,518 views
- 7:19 CELEBRITY MAKEUP SECRETS!!!! MAKEUP TIPS!!!!by gossmakeupartist437,409 views
- 2:18 WHAT'S THE WORST PRODUCT YOU EVER BOUGHT?by gossmakeupartist180,171 views
- 7:46 HOW TO: CONTOUR AND HIGHLIGHT YOUR FACE!by gossmakeupartist1,358,935 views
- 5:47 HOW TO: SAVE MONEY ON HIGH END MAKEUP!by gossmakeupartist317,073 views
- 12:14 MY "GIRLFRIEND" DOES MY MAKEUP TAG!!!!by gossmakeupartist435,610 views
- 4:14 SHOULD YOUR MAKEUP MATCH YOUR CLOTHES?by gossmakeupartist138,651 views
- 7:12 MAKEUP EXPIRATION DATE! WHAT TO KEEP WHAT TO TOSS!by gossmakeupartist116,999 views
- 8:51 APRIL FAVORITES!!!! BEST MAKEUP OF THE MONTH!!!!by gossmakeupartist117,489 views
- 2:59 HOW TO: APPLY EYESHADOW - SUPER SIMPLE MISTAKE PROOF!by gossmakeupartist756,317 views
- 5:02 HOW TO: FIND THE PERFECT FOUNDATION!!!!by gossmakeupartist262,273 views
- 4:51 CONCEALER OR CORRECTOR? DEALING WITH UNDER EYE DARKNESSby gossmakeupartist259,300 views
- Loading more suggestions...