NRA Ad: Obama Is 'Elitist Hypocrite'
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 15, 2013
NRA's new ad calls Obama 'elitist hypocrite'
The National Rifle Association released a new video on its Web site Tuesday calling President Obama an "elitist hypocrite" for having Secret Service protection of his daughters at school but saying he was "skeptical" about installing armed guards in all schools.
The NRA's provocative, 35-second video is as harsh as any attack ad in a political campaign and illustrates how emotionally charged and personal the debate over gun control is becoming.
"Are the president's kids more important than yours?" a deep-voiced narrator asks. "Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school? Mr. Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, but he's just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security."
A White House spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The video takes issue with Obama's comments in a recent interview on NBC's "Meet the Press," in which the president voiced uncertainty about the NRA's proposal to put armed security guards in schools nationwide.
"I am skeptical that the only answer is putting more guns in schools," Obama said. "And I think the vast majority of the American people are skeptical that that somehow is going to solve our problem."
A majority of Americans, 55 percent, support the NRA's armed guards proposal, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released this week. Those with children at home are more apt than those without to want armed guards at schools, the poll shows.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:06 PJTV: Bill Maher Proves It Pays to Act Stupid in Americaby PJ Media Featured 30,132
- 13:14 Rachel Maddow Responds to NRA Attacking Obama - Right-Wing Media "Trolling" - Jan 16, 2013by JamaicanMon36,988 views
- 9:19 Jon Stewart Open Fire Obama and Mayor Rob Ford - To day (14th November 2013)by New Update With More Detaile791,915 views
- 8:02 Former marine Joshua Boston shows Alex Jones how to debate Piers Morgan on gun controlby PlanetEarthAwakens011,008,311 views
- 17:19 SEAL Chris Kyle's wife Taya Emotional Speech at NRA-ILA Leadership Forumby YouHotNews202,845 views
- 11:26 Ted Nugent Talks NRA, NY, Obama & Piers Morgan with Guns.comby Gunscom294,164 views
- 5:48 NRA warns of UN-Obama Gun Grabby SaveAmericasLiberty38,360 views
- 5:12 Obama Rips Romney in Final Debate - The Best Linesby The Young Turks210,726 views
- 4:07 HT - Is the NRA Ad Inappropriate? - The Viewby ABCTheView3,389 views
- 25:51 President Obama Introduces a Plan to Reduce Gun Violenceby The White House550,533 views
- 1:36:17 Complete Third Presidential Debate on Foreign Policy 2012: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney Oct 22, 2012by The New York Times2,957,370 views
- 2:59 OBAMA'S ALIEN SECRET SERVICE spotted at 2012 AIPAC Conference!!?? 3 angles (HD)by StillSpeakingOut3,265,479 views
- 1:08 NRA -- ONE VOTEby NRA35,337 views
- 1:32:52 First Presidential Debate: Obama vs. Romney (Complete HD - Quality Audio)by The Daily Conversation2,339,145 views
- 1:01 NRA Stand and Fight: One Simple Questionby NRANews9,672 views
- 31:37 N.R.A. Press Conference: Group Calls for Armed Guards in Schoolsby The New York Times131,274 views
- 31:48 NRA's Wayne LaPierre Calls for Armed Security in Every Schoolby PBS NewsHour49,467 views
- 6:39 Mark Levin Reacts To Obama Presser: "We Have An Imperial President"by Æˢᵗʰᵉᵗᶤᶜ ɱᶤᶰᵈ1,546 views
- 10:15 Obama - Our Kids Are More Important Than An 'A' From NRAby Tomthunkit420 views
- 2:49 Obama Preempts NRA News Conference With Video on Gun Controlby ReaderSupportedNews2,881 views
- Loading more suggestions...