Network - Money speech
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 26, 2007
You have meddled with the primary forces of nature, Mr Beale, and I won't have it! Is that clear?
You think you merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tide and gravity. It is ecological balance.
You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no Third Worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems. One vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multi-varied, multi-national dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rands, rubles, pounds and shekels.
It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic, and sub-atomic and galactic structure of things today.
And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature. And you will atone.
Am I getting through to you, Mr Beale?
You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.
What do you think the Russians talk about in their Councils of State? Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, mini-max solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do.
We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bye-laws of of business. The world is a business, Mr Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime.
And our children will live, Mr Beale, to see that ... perfect ... world in which there is no war nor famine, oppression or brutality. One vast and ecumenical holding company for whom all men will work to serve a common profit. In which all men will hold a share of stock.
All necessities provided. All anxieties tranquilized. All boredom amused.
Truer words have seldom been spoken...
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "La Cueva Del Dicidente" on
- 3:55 Lady Gaga - Venus (Audio)by LadyGagaVEVO Featured 6,957,827
- 13:10 The Story of Your Enslavementby Stefan Molyneux2,236,929 views
- 4:24 "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"(Network - 1976)by derekw682672,902 views
- 3:07 The Shah of Iran Exposes The Illuminatiby FarFromDanK109,373 views
- 9:16 YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS - George Carlinby HomeReality3,942,668 views
- 3:01 George Carlin -"Who Really Controls America"by jackb38562,068,026 views
- 1:59:30 ZEITGEIST 2: ADDENDUM (FULL MOVIE!) - PLEASE SHAREby ExhumedByScryingEyes3,336,846 views
- 2:14:01 Invisible Empire A New World Order Defined Full (Order it at Infowars.com)by ChangeDaChannel4,131,401 views
- 3:57 Network - We're In A Lot Of Trouble!by The Ghost313,472 views
- 68 videos Play all Movie Trailersby jdog4444
- 4:39 The Greatest Speech Ever Made - Charlie Chaplinby guilleross2,331,469 views
- 0:43 9/11: BUSH STUMBLES OVER HIS 9/11 LIES AT A PRESS CONFERENCEby 911REICHSTAG1,282,193 views
- 5:00 Network - "I'm as mad as hell" speech [english subtitles]by Onipsi944,586 views
- 9:59 Marshall McLuhan on the TODAY Showby Dr Fallon87,562 views
- 9:01 1 of 2 Money, the root of all evil? Francisco d'Anconiaby G K29,389 views
- 4:44 Network (1976) - Ned Beatty - "The World is a Business"by Daniel M. Kobayashi74,607 views
- 7:09 Glengarry Glen Ross speechby Andy chau2,548,205 views
- 4:41 "Network" 1976 -- Turn off your TV! [combined with today's news]by machinegunkelly111110,647 views
- 5:44 Network There is no democracy. (Geniocracy)by smaragdos.com4,121 views
- 3:58 V for Vendetta Speechby Matt Labunda3,425,650 views